Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Om Namah Shiva-YAY!!!

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Hello to all the lovely people of this awsome site.I have been lurking around this site for about two weeks now but never had steady internet till now to sit down and join. Now I do and here I am.I have been matted for about 1 yr 9 months now and I truly have loved the experience. When I got the dreads I wasn't really educated about dreads (compared to now thanks to this site) but the reason was simple. I loved the simplicity of it.So I let this woman do her thing on my hair and paid her 100 quids for it (I know I know). She sectioned and back combed it. Then she wanted to put some beeswax on it and being an ignorant fool I was, I let her. But then a miraacle happened...She had put only few dabs on the tips of my few dreads when she got a call that her 1 yr old baby fell down or something. She wanted to continue but seeing her face so sad I just couldn't I told her I'll do it myself. When she left and I tried to do it myself...that fucking melted wax was so hot ..the minute one drop fell on my skin I decided not to continue...Now funny thing is...My hair through all the usual funky things they do... Loose hair...loops...zig zags...itchyness...etc etc... But I had absolutely no time to do anything about it because I was busy shooting a documentary about this village in India and their dying painting style called Madhubani.Every now and then I would go online and try and look for other people's dreads and sadly, I found Johnny Clean and other newbies promoting wax and ass rolling your dreads 24/7... None of the dreads I saw looked remotedly like mine and even though I enjoyed the uniqueness mine had. I always thought mine was sorta ruined caused I didnt put wax that "fateful" day.Until I found this amazingly amazing site. And for that first of all, I would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Soaring Eagle. After reading the posts here, I was not only put at ease about my stupid insecurities but I started feeling good about not using "dread products" on my head.I don't know any of you so far but after reading your opinions about various stuff that is being discussed here..I can say this with 100 % certainty that I already have found some really nice friends.Thank you for letting me be a part of this community.
updated by @sillywalkingminister: 02/14/15 07:52:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
best intro ever :) welcome friendnever been so happy bout a baby falling down..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Baby slipped in some dread butta I'm guessing...lol
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
WELCOME!!!looking at your pictures, your dreads look great!! :DSo glad you joined :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
HAHA xDD!!! Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
Baby slipped in some dread butta I'm guessing...lol
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Thanks Paula..:) But see this is what I mean... Everyone is soo nice and supportive here it's like you guys are perenially stoned or something...and behold...a new conspiracy theory is born!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i guess my cleans just a big joke all over the world

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yes welcome............... lol yea i think this is the most friendly place in the world lol
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
SE your dreads can give sadhus of himalayas , some serious competition... soaringeagle said:
i guess my cleans just a big joke all over the world
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
Welcome to a very great community. You are one of the lucky ones that figured it out before the waxy disasters. You will have a great time here.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form