Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how much money has this site saved you and how much would it have saved u if u found it sooner?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the title says it allestimate how much u would have spent in a year on products if u hadnt found us (products and services combined like salon/loctician maintenance dread creation etc)and if u found us too late include how much we could have saved u if u found us soonerif it was a just in time savealso include what u spent on products u will never use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/18 05:21:34AM
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Probably up to 100. On hair care products. But lookin around, seems indont need a whole lot. x)
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
Hahahahaha weeeeeelllllll, lets see....about $400 for me :-/I've had my hair done at a salon twice in my life, the first time cost me $350 to tame and de-bulk my enormous mound of curls, and then another $350 (plus conditioning spray and cooling spray) to put owey too tight dreads in, lol.The irony is that I actually stepped out of my comfort zone to have them do it!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
well...first I had been looking at the DHHQ dread kit($37.00)also was gonna buy a metal comb because JC convinced me that the near identical flea comb I have would have the bristles too far apart($4.99)head honcho($5.00)loose hair tool(have you guys seen this thing in action?? O.O)($7.00)locking accelerator(salt water) ($7.00!!)Also had been looking at salons and thankfully couldn't find any near me($100+).I had actually been saving up money to buy that stupid kit when I found this site. I had never even heard of twist and rip and I envisioned natural(neglect) dreading to be a dirty nasty process...Now I see it all completely the opposite :)Oh but I did go out and buy some crochet hooks. I tried to use them but I couldn't figure it out...and I am so glad!!!
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
well if I knew about this site I would have saved 50, but I have saved since i found out all i need to do it wash with non residue shampoo and not to brush it :)thanks SE!!!!!!
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I should have been more detailed. Lol before I found this site I'd already done some research on dreads. I was gonna opt for back combing but I saw how it greatly shortened your length and it didn't look very helthy either. So I decided to do twist and a tad bit of TnR. I had already gonna turbo natural so I didn't have any products really. I got my lived aloe plant before locs so I had that going as well. I bet i will spend about 150 a year give or take a few on my hair as of now. Before i would probably spend ABOUT 100 on shampoo and gels because I didn't know if home made stuff was as good. Silly me. This place definately gave me the reassurance I needed to be less codependant on the man. Lol. It's really great to see how much people have saved. Locs are SUPPOSED to be liberating. Leave it to some greed monster to take advantage and whore our should-be natural essence.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I never got into pricing things out but I was probably going to go the back combing route before I found this site, and would probably have had it done at a salon. I've always been one to do a ton of research before I get into anything so I am definately glad I found this site and I have had past experiences being on different forums which I loved so I just jumped right into this one. But the main thing for me would be What my dreads mean to me now as opposed to before I found this site and "met" all you wonderful people.
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
this site woulda saved me 3oo dollars easily Sister Rags said:
: ) Jake

LOVE your post, Zii!!!
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
No money was spent but I wasted several hours watching HQ's vidoes over and over on you tube. Congrats on making it to #1 in www land, and meeting all you nice natty folks is priceless :)94WY 97OR 2000MT 2001ID 2006CO (I need to go home again)
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Awe thanks. Lol minus a few typos. And I meant to say I would have spent 100 dollars extra. But you get the gist. Everyones hair here looksnunique and healthy. All those product followers hair looks the same. Bummer. :(

Sister Rags said:
: ) JakeLOVE your post, Zii!!!

updated by @zeefighter: 07/09/15 06:19:48PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form