Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scratching your scalp

Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
I hear if you scratch your scalp with your nails that you in fact pull small hairs away from the root of your loc. I hear massaging the scalp is much better plus it helps stimulate the scalp.Well I have been working out...a lot. Doing a boot camp in fact. And I sweat a lot. I wash my hair like 3 or 4 times a week due to the sweat. But nothing feels as good as a good old scalp scratching. LOLAny remedies for the itch?
updated by @jaquerian-mccain: 01/13/15 08:37:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
who told u7 scratching was bad?i just scratch when i need to scrtchbutcold cold cold water.. thats the best way to keep from itching (much)i wash with cool water slightly cold then shut off the hot completelly and rinse with cold as it gets water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Cold Water? OMG! Thats going to be interesting at 5:00 in the morning. LOL Not only will I be dog tired from working out for 1 hour, but Imma be cold as well. LOL Thank you. I will try it in the morning and let you know how it works. (scratching my scalp as I type with one hand) soaringeagle said:
who told u7 scratching was bad?
i just scratch when i need to scrtch

but
cold cold cold water.. thats the best way to keep from itching (much)
i wash with cool water slightly cold then shut off the hot completelly and rinse with cold as it gets water
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Yeah that is pretty much the info that I read. However, doesn't a good scratching just feel good? LOL I mean after sweating from working out seems like my scalp has itching powder on it in certain places...like dead center of my head. Massaging just does not seem to get it. LOL Sister Rags said:
I read an article when I was about 12 in some magazine about how to properly wash and touch your scalp. That article impressed me. I learned to always use the "pads" of your fingertips, never your fingernails, to massage, wash, or scratch your scalp.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Wash when dirtyscratch when itchy
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form