Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cone beads make nice dread beads

Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
I dabble in jewelry making at times and found that the cone beads that are usually used to end/cap a necklace are nice dread beads. I slid it on wider end first.These beads can be found in a bead/craft store like Michael's in the "findings" section - though many are too small- or on line. Easy to find if you search for "cone beads findings." Artbeads.com has 120 cone beads and shows a picture of the smaller end diameter. Example:

Here is a picture of one on my hair .

and a picture of a necklace I made and two other loose cones.

updated by @emberanna: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
cool idea- and very pretty necklace too :)
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
Thanks. It is my favorite necklace.The cone beads work really well for small dreads or if you have a bead that would otherwise slid off you could put a cone on under it to keep it from falling off.I was playing with beads yesterday. I found all the ones I had with larger holes and decorated my hair. I used cone beads, coil beads, and spacers (all known as "findings) to hold beads with large holes in place.I will post some pics later.I also found , with the cone beads, that if the hole is too small you can take some wire cutters and cut off the end. This will tend to flatten it so stick something in the flattened hole such as needle nose pliers and push and twist to make the hole round again. If you have sharp edges use a file, dremmel tool, sand paper, something, to smooth them and not damage your hair.
Emberanna
@emberanna
14 years ago
23 posts
Thanks. I currently have ble seed beads in varying shades to start another necklace - inspired by the Vivid blues of the carribean ocean.

Sister Rags said:
Really nice idea, the cone beads.The colors in your necklace are gorgeous...looks like the Mediterranean Ocean.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
awesome idea, I'm always trying to find beads that will fit on a dread! I might just pick some of those up.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form