Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair patience

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I'm thinking if by like mid or end of august my hair doesnt start to look good, I might just cut of my dreads.... only had them a week but they dont look gd at the moment.lets just hope they looks awesome by then otherwise here come the scissors lol
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/03/18 03:09:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
find the dread oh wait ill find it for u http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreading-the-1st-few-weeks-of read that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
read that already but cheers lol,should look better by august time, so i doubt i'll cut them off..... I am ready... I am, trust meeee lol
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I vote not ready. You are already thinking of cutting. That's kinda like working out and then eating crap loads of McDonalds. Think about it....they're not going to look better by August. In fact, your dreads might not look exactly how you want to for their entire life so you're going to cut them. If my dreads turn out completely different from what I expect...I still wouldn't cut. I take that as a sign of readiness. Not to break your self esteem but if you don't like messy hair then dreads aren't for you. Shuaib ahmed said:
read that already but cheers lol,

should look better by august time, so i doubt i'll cut them off..... I am ready... I am, trust meeee lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they will always look betterthey will always look worseevery day they will changeevery day u can find beautyor u can fuind faultif all you see is problemsclose your eyesand dont lookignore them completelytill that day younice dreads manon the streetthen run to a mirrorand see what they meanthere is no scheduleaugust is just a datethey dont need to be perfectthey just need that timeyou'll knoww theyre readywhen a fellow dreadyyells out hey nattythenm you can look..stop expecting perfection in a week in a month..or at alljust be happy with slow steady progress without a deadline.. cause what if u reach that deadlone and cut? then your journetys ended you got nowhere you rushed and rushed and never passed the starting line..its not a race its a trip take 1 step at a time enjoy the scenery take detours the goal will be reached when u reach the goal..not a momment sooner..but..u will get there unless u give up Shuaib ahmed said:

should look better by august time, so i doubt i'll cut them off..... I am ready... I am, trust meeee lol

--
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
you know what? fuck it im jus gunna go with the flow..... i guess im just gunna let it grow and not complain.thanks that actually did help, just realised if i want it that bad i will need to wait soaringeagle said:
they will always look better
they will always look worse
every day they will change
every day u can find beauty
or u can fuind fault
if all you see is problems
close your eyes
and dont look
ignore them completely
till that day you
nice dreads man
on the street
then run to a mirror
and see what they mean
there is no schedule
august is just a date
they dont need to be perfect
they just need that time
you'll knoww theyre ready
when a fellow dready
yells out hey natty

thenm you can look..

stop expecting perfection in a week in a month..or at all
just be happy with slow steady progress without a deadline.. cause what if u reach that deadlone and cut? then your journetys ended you got nowhere you rushed and rushed and never passed the starting line..its not a race its a trip take 1 step at a time enjoy the scenery take detours the goal will be reached when u reach the goal..not a momment sooner..but..u will get there unless u give up
Shuaib ahmed said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well u started the woese wa u can possibly start all u can do now is let them recover stop messing with them at all and hope the new growrth comes out fine ..u may end up cutting off or losing the felted patys cause they are destroyed but thats ok everything new fronm here on out will be fine..not by august though you will have like an inch or less newew growth by then when u get 2-3 inches of healthy dreads then cut off the ruined parts..and ..demand your money back she ruined your dreads

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Sounds like you're starting to get it. Don't just go with the flow though.Enjoy the journey, man. Best way to dread is to have tons of fun outdoors or doing something that you truly enjoy. Dreads are about a lot of things. One of them is not caring. Don't care what they look like or what people think, it's more about life, nature and spiritual gratification. Nice post by the way, Lisa! Fully agree. Shuaib ahmed said:
you know what? fuck it im jus gunna go with the flow..... i guess im just gunna let it grow and not complain.

thanks that actually did help, just realised if i want it that bad i will need to wait

soaringeagle said:
they will always look better
they will always look worse
every day they will change
every day u can find beauty
or u can fuind fault
if all you see is problems
close your eyes
and dont look
ignore them completely
till that day you
nice dreads man
on the street
then run to a mirror
and see what they mean
there is no schedule
august is just a date
they dont need to be perfect
they just need that time
you'll knoww theyre ready
when a fellow dready
yells out hey natty

thenm you can look..

stop expecting perfection in a week in a month..or at all
just be happy with slow steady progress without a deadline.. cause what if u reach that deadlone and cut? then your journetys ended you got nowhere you rushed and rushed and never passed the starting line..its not a race its a trip take 1 step at a time enjoy the scenery take detours the goal will be reached when u reach the goal..not a momment sooner..but..u will get there unless u give up
Shuaib ahmed said:

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye i know that now :)I still wear a hat outside though because I got told without it I looks like a crazy person lol mainly because they arent really weighing down at the moment. check the picture
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 07/10/15 09:27:20PM
Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
I haven't had mine for very long either. Maybe you should use this as an opportunity to improve your patience. Not just with this, but with other aspects of your life. If you are seriously thinking about cutting them off, I agree that you may not be ready. Just be patient!! = ]
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form