Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi new member with a few questions

Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
Howdy all,I have wanted dreads for years and finally took the plunge a few days ago. I have long curly/frizzy hair and started dreading my hair using the backcomb method with a bit of twist and rip too--depending on the way the dread was turning out. I'm not concerned with them coming undone or undoing themselves because I've spent years trying to unlock my hair everytime I wash it lol, thats just the type of hair I have. I used the jumpstart methods because I am simply too impatient to wait for the nice looking natural dreads to show up. :PNow my question: does sweat hamper the dreading process? We are living in the south without airconditioning (which wouldnt be a problem except for the fact that none of the windows in this house OPEN!) So while it is 85-90 degrees outside it is always 95 degrees or higher... AND THAT MEANS I AM A SWEATY MESS! I have the need to shower everyday so what will that do my dreads?Thanks in advance for any tips-I am happy dancing after finding this site! Oh and Soaringeagle I think I might have met you years back-- I use to love going to gatherings of the rainbow and can't wait to bring my kiddies to one (hopefully there will be one close to NC soon since we are ass broke and cant really travel ) :PAnyways nice to meet you all~LoveKimba
updated by @kimba: 01/13/15 08:36:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wich did we meet at? not nc wayy back your too young fir thatpa isnt far and its pa this year comein fact i can hook u up woth a risdeshare fgfrom thereswears well its ok as long as u rinse it oit sometimes but windows that dont open in that kindsa heat are a life threattening thing u gotta call the landlord because if u turnm on a fan it circulates the heat and u are sitting in a convection oven being cooked alive being young and healthy you'll be ok but your kids might not be..the landlords got to fix those windows ors its a real health riskid rinse not wash daily u can wash every couple daysi hope u come to this years gathering would looove to see u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
Well sadly I am the landlord...lol--bought this house off of the internet about 5 years ago-long story.And btw I am NOT as young as I look! Last gathering I went to was in Vermont in the Green Mountains, sooo beautiful waking up with the clouds being so high up on the mountains. I honestly dont remember what year it was.Thanks so much for the ride share info offer--would really love to go home for a while :)And thanks , I will rinse and grin and bear it lol.LoveKimba soaringeagle said:
wich did we meet at? not nc wayy back your too young fir that
pa isnt far and its pa this year come
in fact i can hook u up woth a risdeshare fgfrom there

swears well its ok as long as u rinse it oit sometimes but windows that dont open in that kindsa heat are a life threattening thing u gotta call the landlord because if u turnm on a fan it circulates the heat and u are sitting in a convection oven being cooked alive being young and healthy you'll be ok but your kids might not be..
the landlords got to fix those windows ors its a real health risk

id rinse not wash daily u can wash every couple days

i hope u come to this years gathering would looove to see u
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
then fix those windows!!vermont was 91 i think? most amazing gathering everdo you remember how high the energy was during the silence on the 4th?pa is close enough u gotta come home Kimba said:
Well sadly I am the landlord...lol--bought this house off of the internet about 5 years ago-long story.
And btw I am NOT as young as I look! Last gathering I went to was in Vermont in the Green Mountains, sooo beautiful waking up with the clouds being so high up on the mountains. I honestly dont remember what year it was.
Thanks so much for the ride share info offer--would really love to go home for a while :)

And thanks , I will rinse and grin and bear it lol.
Love
Kimba

soaringeagle said:
wich did we meet at? not nc wayy back your too young fir that
pa isnt far and its pa this year come
in fact i can hook u up woth a risdeshare fgfrom there

swears well its ok as long as u rinse it oit sometimes but windows that dont open in that kindsa heat are a life threattening thing u gotta call the landlord because if u turnm on a fan it circulates the heat and u are sitting in a convection oven being cooked alive being young and healthy you'll be ok but your kids might not be..
the landlords got to fix those windows ors its a real health risk

id rinse not wash daily u can wash every couple days

i hope u come to this years gathering would looove to see u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form