Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Back Combing and Palm Rolling

Bella Liston
@bella-liston
14 years ago
11 posts
I have dread babies not even a full week old. I back combed and palm rolled them. I did a lot of research but didn't find this site until the process was done. There is so much mixed information about the dreading process out there. At first I thought I needed to use wax then with more research I realized I didn't want to use any products.I've been reading the forums on here and I hear that back combing is not a good method for starting your locks. If I found this site earlier I may have just let it go on its own.I'm wondering now.... Are there going to be issue with my locks since I did the back combing method or will they turn out fine in due time.
updated by @bella-liston: 01/13/15 08:36:40PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
They will be fine in time. They may untangle, they may not. It depends on how tight u backcombed(hopefully not too tight??). Did u use wax or not? If so read up on what to do to remove it. If not Just make sure u leave them alone from now on. Don't re-backcomb that would cause a lot of damage. Right now what you have is an outline of where your dreads will eventually be. Don't worry or stress they will be fine if you just let them be! Many Blessings
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they'll be fine but the hair shafts and cuticles will be damaged and some mat have been pulled out at the rootsthey will still be nice dreads just the hairs that make up the dreads wont be as healthy as they could bethe extent of the damage depends on how aggressively u backcomband..palm rollings really just pointlessat least u avoided wax so they'll be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bella Liston
@bella-liston
14 years ago
11 posts
Ohhh.... That is a relief. I was beginning to think I really started off wrong.... Some are tigher that others and a few are barely staying together.I'm just going to let them rest and do their thing....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcomb tends to fall apart and even if it did completely thats ok it will still dread naturalyall dreading happens naturaly in fact all methods are mostly psychological to make u think u accomplished something, they can make u look like u got dreads faster but they wont really be dreads till the natural dreading process works its magic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
You got the right idea! They will be *beautiful*!! Bella Liston said:
Ohhh.... That is a relief. I was beginning to think I really started off wrong.... Some are tigher that others and a few are barely staying together.

I'm just going to let them rest and do their thing....
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form