Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing....

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I have had my hair for 3 or 4 days and I know i shouldn't wash it for at lest 10-14 days. But i was wondering when I do wash it, do i just do it with water or do I use shampoo too?Also my hair is really really frizzy, like there are some large hairs sticking out why is that?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/14/15 08:45:37AM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
How are they done? I washed mine like every 2-3 days. In between I rinse with water. You don't want to use regular shampoo, you want to look for like Dr. Bronners Magic Soap 18-1 thats what I use mostly. Look around on the site for other posts about washing. Some people use the baking soda wash but I found it harsh at first to my little baby dreads, but I think I messed up the ratio. Once you have what you need, wash when you need to.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
they were backcombed and crocheted.... but ye thanks i'll look for that soap :)
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
try the baking soda mix if u want to look for ingredients which is not too easy in uk... or diluted liquid bronner... the reason im saying that is your backcombed dreads will loosen and a lot of loose hair will come out, i have backcombed as well and its a mess but i dont care it will dread naturally with time, so u want to be extra carefull while washing thats why baking soda.. im not sure if it would do any difference tho( being extra carefull) Shuaib ahmed said:
they were backcombed and crocheted.... but ye thanks i'll look for that soap :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i think he got em done in a salon and damn salons always say dont washif u use bronners ..dilute it alot 12 times more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
do you mean dilute by putting some bronners liquid in a separate bottle and mixing it with water and then put it into my hair? soaringeagle said:
i think he got em done in a salon and damn salons always say dont wash

if u use bronners ..dilute it alot 12 times more water then soap
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Because I just got my hair done so the girl who did it said wait a while till you wash it at first Sister Rags said:
Wash it whenever you feel like washing it...what's the 10 - 14 days thing for?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats what u get for having your "hair done" the so called professionals know less about dreading then a homeless guy who flunked out of 2nd gradewashing helps dreads dread Shuaib ahmed said:
Because I just got my hair done so the girl who did it said wait a while till you wash it at first

Sister Rags said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactly12 times more waterits super concentrated so u gotta dilute it alot Shuaib ahmed said:
do you mean dilute by putting some bronners liquid in a separate bottle and mixing it with water and then put it into my hair?

soaringeagle said:
i think he got em done in a salon and damn salons always say dont wash

if u use bronners ..dilute it alot 12 times more water then soap

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well what do u really need to know to know how to dread?wash seperate..but these so called professionals say dont was\h..and they think u need to backcomb and wax and crochet and and and ..they dont have a clue ricky williams said:
thats pretty bad if it was 2nd grade lol all i remember doing then is multiplying and ummm reading stories

said:
thats what u get for having your "hair done" the so called professionals know less about dreading then a homeless guy who flunked out of 2nd grade

washing helps dreads dread

Shuaib ahmed said:
Because I just got my hair done so the girl who did it said wait a while till you wash it at first

Sister Rags said:

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form