Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Creepy Crawlies

Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
OK, my daughter came home from school Friday itching her hair like crazy. After a thorough inspection, i confirmed the one thing i was dreading (pardon the pun) - headlice.I have sprayed her hair every second day for months as a precautionary measure with a mixture of tea-tree, eucalyptus and almond oil, but the little suckers have still invaded.Now today, tuesday, my head was itching and i found a little sucker in my dreads (i too use the tea tree spray i made up) so they are obviously immune to tea tree.What can I do to fully get rid of them? Can I get rid of them or are my dreads going to become the mother of all lice nests?Please help, i have come too far now. I know Beks said neem seed oil helps but i need a sure thing here. i will give anything a go.
updated by @kath: 01/13/15 08:25:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i would defintely try the neem 1stif the neem fails theres other options but neem will be gentlistteatre is a repelant only it can help prevent them somewhat but wont ever get rid of them[ennyroyal might be better but its an herbal abortion so u gotta be very careful arouind preg womenso i dont revfomend itif the neem failsmix a bunch of cayan peper in alcahol (rubbing)soak your dreads and scalp good cover with a plastic bag and waityour scalp will be burning \do not gert it near eyesyou also will be very flamable ..be carefilwash out after an hiur or so (as long as u can stanfd the burn)follow with a straight apple cidar vinagar soak..this disolves the eggsrepeat this several times u gotta break the cycle so no new ones are borntheres other alternatives..sulpher poweder being onei can look up morebut id try the neem oil 1stedit use the vinagar rince after neem oil too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i will try the neem, whats the sulpher powder method?
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
you could try this method, I generally do it before camping, but you may not want to leave the house for a few days during and after. Swallow a match head with everymeal, your body will excrete the smell of sulfur, wich is hated by all bugs and will kill them. Eat one match head for 3 days with every meal. No more than that, but you will end up smelling like sulfur for a few days.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
like i said sulpher powder in your hairfilipe who runs kid villiage at the gatherings told me that 1 years ago..and well having thousans pf kids in the woods theres gonna be lice so he would know what works better thenn mosti just have nop idea where to buy sulpher poweder

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
man...that just makes me worrie i hope i dont have lice... at my gathering which was knida but not SE's gatherings , i fond one but it was on my clothes crawling. maybe i should do one of these rinses just in case....
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
It's never a bad idea. I just don't worry about getting lice. I mean, I do, but I don't worry that I'll have to remove my dreads because of it. Obviously I worry about the health factors, but I know my dreads will be fine. Helps keep me sane!! lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form