Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DreadHeads...scared of balding?

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I know that I'm a little young to be worrying about this and if I am destined to become bald one day then I will whether I have dreads or not but I am curious. Does anyone else worry about this? Would dreads be more likely to slow down the balding process or to speed it up? How would you react if you found out that you were going bald? As far as genetics goes, I think I am 50/50 chance of going bald sometime in my 40's. My grandma has pretty bad thinning hair. My grandpa has a full head of that thick jet black native american hair, haha. My mom has thick hair, my dad had slightly thin hair. I am a big mixture when it comes to hair types...so I'm slightly worried for my far off future. I've had a shaved head for three years and with the help of dreads, I have found out that I really do love my hair...lol.So if you're feeling lazy, the main question is do dreads slow down or speed up the balding process? I think they may actually speed it up because having so much tension on the roots...not good. But I'm just curious if anyone knows better than me. Thanks in advance!
updated by @greygargoyle: 01/13/15 08:36:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
neither but can make it less aparent since hairs lost stay in the dread till every hair that makes up the dread is lostand geneticly its your moms side of the family that passes on the baldness gene if your dads sides bald your fine as long as your moms side isnt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
That is great to hear! =D
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
yeah, but it can be so random! I've heard the mom thing too, but a good example of the randomness is my dad's family. He is one of 8 children and the first 3-4 kids (the older ones) are in their 60s and have thick, not balding hair, while the younger 4 or so (my dad included) are going totally bald in their 40s.pretty strange.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Well it's also affected by lots of other things besides genes but genes do play an important role.
RBN
@rbn
14 years ago
50 posts
I'm 18 and am loosing hair above my temples. I am scared of going bald but I'm not going to cut my hair. I am going to let it fall out on it's own I think.At least I can say I have had dreadlocks :-) . I'm very glad I grew them sooner rather than later.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form