Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads (or just the pre-knotty 'dreadful hair) and jobs

The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Just wondering if anyone here has either been fired, or been refused a job because of their hair? And what did you do about it? I've found stories online of people taking it to court on religious grounds and want to hear your story
updated by @the-rapture-of-exile: 01/13/15 08:36:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
never had a problembut i usualy wotk for muself i hate bosses but the few ive had had no problems with dreadsits descrimination even without the religios implications its like firing you for not wearimng makeup or not plucking a unibrowif they fire u otr state that they didnt hire u for that reason theyre opening themselves to a lawsuiteif u state a religios reason its open and shut case..unconstitutional (assumming your in america?)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Yes, I live in the US... I actually just got a job with UPS recently and the boss has no problem with it. soaringeagle said:
never had a problem
but i usualy wotk for muself i hate bosses but the few ive had had no problems with dreads
its descrimination even without the religios implications its like firing you for not wearimng makeup or not plucking a unibrow
if they fire u otr state that they didnt hire u for that reason theyre opening themselves to a lawsuite
if u state a religios reason its open and shut case..unconstitutional (assumming your in america?)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form