Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential oils/liquid herbs?

Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Are they the same thing? I am having a tough time trying to locate oils for my wash but I found a vitamin store that sells what I believe I need only they have them labeled as "liquid herbs"
updated by @jake-holland: 01/13/15 08:35:56PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
how can a herb be liquid....?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
See your basically both thinking the same things as I was. The person working there was a complete waste of time to talk to because he had no idea what was going on. I suppose I shall continue my search but I need to get them soon I am going to start the itchies in a day or two! I am trying NOT to give in and dilute some H&S before I do a wash and see if that works but I will hold on as long as possible.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Liquid Herbs are highly concentrated herbal extracts suspended in a base of 100% pure vegetable glycerin. They are also very concentrated and are one-to-one extracts. That means that there is one pound of extracted herbs in each pound of herbal liquid.With that out of the way, keep looking for essential oils.Have you checked the Rite Aid off of Munson Rd in Mentor, Ohio?Or the RiteAid at 36212 Euclid Avenue? The RiteAid On-line store has essential oils. Also check in at any of the following:Danny's Organic Marketplace4413 Hamann ParkwayWilloughby, Ohio?Willo Nature's Way36200 Euclid AvenueWilloughby, OhioNewAge Nutritional4756 Beidler RoadWilloughby, Ohio
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Awesome I will go looking today, what an informative comment :) GoldenEagle said:
Liquid Herbs are highly concentrated herbal extracts suspended in a base of 100% pure vegetable glycerin. They are also very concentrated and are one-to-one extracts. That means that there is one pound of extracted herbs in each pound of herbal liquid.
With that out of the way, keep looking for essential oils.Have you checked the Rite Aid off of Munson Rd in Mentor, Ohio?Or the RiteAid at 36212 Euclid Avenue? The RiteAid On-line store has essential oils. Also check in at any of the following:Danny's Organic Marketplace4413 Hamann ParkwayWilloughby, Ohio?Willo Nature's Way36200 Euclid AvenueWilloughby, OhioNewAge Nutritional4756 Beidler RoadWilloughby, Ohio
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
impressedwell done brother eagleumm u know u can always get essential oils onlinewhen i need hard to find ones thats what i do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Yeah I know but I am on the verge of itchyness and I need to wash my hair. I washed it friday and just rinsed it since yesterday with plain water. I was going to do the BS wash today without oils maybe but I will see if I can get some today first. soaringeagle said:
impressed
well done brother eagle

umm u know u can always get essential oils online
when i need hard to find ones thats what i do
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Ok so Im having trouble locating the post that lists the different oils and what they do. I looked through the featured discussions but can't find it? I'm using my phone right now I'm sure that's why, can anyone share the link for me please?
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I rememeber thinking the same thing at first. GE got this nailed,the liquid herbs (some call them tinctures) are meant to be ingested, as opposed to capsules or tablets (like taking echinacea pills when you're sick)the essential oils you want are used for like aromatherapy (in our case for our dreadlocks)also do you mean this one? http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Yeah thats the one thanks!

Iain said:
I rememeber thinking the same thing at first. GE got this nailed, the liquid herbs (some call them tinctures) are meant to be ingested, as opposed to capsules or tablets (like taking echinacea pills when you're sick)the essential oils you want are used for like aromatherapy (in our case for our dreadlocks)also do you mean this one? http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form