Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone :)

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Hey everyone I'm Aaron. Nice to meet you all :)I haven't dreaded before and I've always wanted to get dreads locks ( I'm 19 ) and I thought it'd be best to join a forum...well where people talk about dreads and maintenance.Idk if anyone has done their dreads this way but on Monday my friend is going to Box braid my hair, then on thursday she is going to backcomb and twist it. Is there anything wrong with this ?Hopefully this can be answered :PNd nice to be in a Dreadlock Forum.
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 05:46:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
is there anything wrong no is it the best way no is she black or white?it matters im assumming black by the choice but backcombings extra damaging to black hair better to just do the twists or 2 strand twists..or absolute best way ids go natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Well I'm white and I have straight hair. ( she is black lolz )You can check out my facebook to see how my hair is now, before I TRY and dread it( I have the link up somewhere ).So SoaringEagle all your info would be great help, as well as any other person on the form. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont got facebook so cant check itok no matter black or whote natutals the healthiest way and the most rewarding experience. but not always the fastest or neatest (in early stages)now if u chose to make em instead of grow emblack ywists. 2 strand twists, comb twists (just dont keep twisting then weeklyu like some sites say or the roots can be weak and break, only twist till they staty together and then retwist only if they fall apart completely)white twist and rip easy neat quick and low damagebackcombings popuklar for some reason but tends to unravel easy and do a moderate ammount of damage and look really goofy early onother methods (either hairtype)wool rubbing this could be concidered a accelerated natural or assisted natural the wool rubbing gets knots started then u rip into sections and let nature take its courseshe could also do braid locks starting with the box braids and letting them go to lock..not idea l but works..looser braids will help so they can loosen up and dread the hair has to be able to move and reconfigure itself from neat tidy braids to random chaotic knots

--
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I've been reading all your forums and dreaducation, all that stuff. I finally today decided to join ha ha.I would go natural but my scalp gets itchy so I can't just let it get knotty naturally. Plus my hair is wavy and thin.I don't mind the goofy early stage I'd just twist it (slightly) till it's sticks together. Idk if that'd be a bad thing or not.Idk what wool rubbing is.(still new to terms and lingo)So I'll have her look at this stuff on monday.Have any further information? Like what's a good shampoo to use if you have dandruff, but won't loosen the root of the dreads?(or residue)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the baking soda acv deep cleanse with added teatree and rosemary works pretty welltwists work better in african haor might not hold in yours and they generaly use a good bit of aloe gel the 1st time at leastwavy hair will dread well naturaly and well i said twist and rip not twists for uu twist then pill hairs to push knots towards the roots several times b4 retwisting and repeattingits super simpleand umm i know u asked 1 more thing..oh wool rubbing well take wool rub.. typicaly in circles iit makes it all staticy and knotty then u rip the knotty mess into sections and leave em to dread

--
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I'll have to try that stuff out (baking soda acv...) and I'll tell my friend about the twist and pull knots thing. Do you think getting the braids would actually help though?
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
O and I might try the aloe vera, I don't wanna risk my chance with a wax...I really don't like the idea nor feeling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if shes taking the braids out and twisting no why botherand aloe well use it for her more then u african hair gets dry and needs moisture badlyfot u it could be too condotioning and u should only use it for a rare tidy up or conditioningu dont need a wax subsitute cause wax makes no sence at all why use a substitute fotr something u never should use anyway..its like saying i dont want a drug problem so ill use methadone instead of heroin..if you dont want a problem dont use anythingaloe should be used very rarely just to treate drtness or for formal events..for u..for hewr it can be used alot more often

--
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Lol I wouldn't backcomb if I had your hair I'd just let it lock up on it's own. Sadly I have silky straight hair -.- it's going to be a bloody mess, but I'll deff love my dreads 110% :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form