Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax vs. No Wax dreadlocks

Candace Duling
@candace-duling
14 years ago
5 posts
I've done my research, website after site trying to figure out the best way to start my dreads. I'm at a complete loss. Except for the fact that I don't want to do them naturally. So the question is, Wax or no Wax for the beginning process of putting in dreads. I thought I would see what everyone has to say first before I make my grand decision :P*I've attached a photo of my hair now so you can get a feel of what I'm working with.
updated by @candace-duling: 02/14/15 06:27:17AM
Jodie Hyland
@jodie-hyland
14 years ago
23 posts
def no wax :) try twist n rip
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wax only if you want to shave your head to get the wax outwax is evilevery site that recomends wax...sells wax.. every site thats not trying to rip u off begs u not to make a waxy mistake..u gonna believe scammers out to take your money or dreads who want to help u dreadwax factsits waterproof so wont wash outit requires dangerouse heat to remove any at allit slows dreading drasticlydreads get stiff and stickythey mold easythey trap dirtthey get heavy weighed down with waxtheres nothing good about wax just destructive drawbackswhy dont u want to go natural or did u believe the wax sites that natural dreads are ugly or take years? u do realize by now they lie dont u?my dreads were natural and formed in 2 weeks and lasted 20 years and countingnatural is the best way to go by farbut if nit thats your choice just twist and rip and use nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
wax is all bad.aloe vera gel is better and it washes out wax could never come out.its a struggle ta get every trace out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-buildup-and-stiff theres just a lil info on wax and the dangers theres gotta be bout 100 others wax is the number 1 cause of dread loss

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh yea we also have a dread wax recovery group http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dreadwaxrecovery thats all people who either lost dreads ti wax or are trying to save theyre dreads from the wax they used..

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I wouldn't ever recommend it, I used it as well.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
We need emoticons like the eye roll or the face palm...
Candace Duling
@candace-duling
14 years ago
5 posts
NO WAX it is! hehe :D I really don't have a good reason for going the natural route. I'm sometime impatient :/ Plus a few of my friends really want to help me with this process; so I would love them to be a part of this milestone with me. Twist 'n' Rip is in my future! I'm really excited. I can't wait to post pictures of my progress for you all. And THANKS SO MUCH for every ones input. This really has helped reading every ones thoughts and experiences.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads teach u patience especialy the natural way but any wsy will cause even though u t&r u still got to go through stages waitting for them to dread up nicelythe difference beingwhen u start dreads (i find this esopecialy true with backcombers) day 1 u start to pannic help my hairs looseing help theyre not toght at the roots help the tips arent round help theyre flat after i sleep help theres a loose hair a zig zag a lump a loop a bumpcompare that to naturalday 1 not much happening but i see some changesweekl 1 theyre starting to secttion themselves this is so excitingweek 3 wor i found nerw dreads today and theyre changing all the time getting loops and lumps and frizzes i just love iteverything the made dreads dreadhead sees as a problem the natural dreadhead sees as progress..so just be prepaird u might pannic alot and come on with questions that ..well 99% will be answered with "thats normal its just your dreads dreading"

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form