Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

brown dreads...

windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
ive noticed people with dreads mostly always have brown dreadseven if they had black hair beforedoes something cause them to turn brown? or something...? curious?
updated by @windy: 02/03/18 12:22:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well sun can make em lightenumm asiand africans do havve pretty black hair and tends to stay blacksome almost black hair looks blacker from shine dreads dont have the same oily shine so might look less black? guessingbut im fairly sure ive seen dreeads of every coloraltho now that i think of it the 2 people i remember from the site that were white but had dark or black hair both were way overmaijtained way waxy dreads i dunno if all the wax had a factor in making em black?when i saw way overworked and overwaxed i mean they looked solid not like they were made of individual hairs at all but more like rubber or somethingah wait no i have seen black as black can be natural dreadsbut i gues most were on non caucasian or mixed dreads...(i know im babling but while im typing my minds drifing through thousands and thousands and thousands of dreads ive seen or known and yea theres a good number that are caucasian and black but keep picturing ones in early stages for some reason.. but i have a feeling you saying you never see em is somehow causing a mental block cause i know i have many times )actualy think u had a mental block when u wrote this that was contagios now i got it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I've seen a guy with pure black hair, it was awesome and he was white.He didn't have dreads though but he did have pretty good dread hair.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Native Americans had pure black hair.Matter of fact, my grandpa is native and has pure black hair well with grey & black now. lol.But I think it's pretty possible. I had pure white hair when I was young (7) so I'm sure it is.Hair color changes from the sun and things like that so who knows.
Xavier
@xavier
11 years ago
4 posts

The older hair that forms around the dreads gets lighter naturally because it looses pigment faster than hair that is attached to the scalp due to having less nutrients in it. I'm black and only had dreads for a month and my hair is quickly turning red and really light brown. My cousins (also black) who have had dreads for a few years all have blonde dreads. It just depends on your individual genes and and how your hair codes for bleaching, plus sun exposure accelerates this effect. The existence of more old hair in locs than most hairstyles is what makes locs in particular more prone to being brown, red, light brown, blonde etc.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form