Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it possible to palm roll too much?

Michael LaCour
@michael-lacour
14 years ago
10 posts
Wow since I got so many responses so quickly on my 1st question I figure I'd ask another!Personally, I take pride in my dreads being as neat as possible. People compliment their cleanliness, which I appreciate. Furthermore, I know that if dreads do not dry completely after washing then they can get moldy and gross.Thus, after I wash my hair (which is 2x per week), I ring my dreads out and then palm roll them. I do this religiously, 2x per week, even though my dreads are fully mature. So basically my concern is that I might be palm rolling them too much. Is that possible? If so, then what are the consequences?
updated by @michael-lacour: 01/13/15 08:33:31PM
Jo
@jo
14 years ago
176 posts
you definitely can palm roll too much. Palm rolling at all is really too much.when you do that you are mashing your hair together causing damage. Also you can pull out some hair at the root. I had a particularly stubborn dread that just wasnt going so I palm rolled it a bunch and now I have a bunch of broken hair there. The more damage you have the more fragile your dreads will be.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
falling off weakness friction damagepalm rollings completely useless and pointlessit does nothing at all unless u do it so obsessively your causing some degree of harmin extreme cases you can weaken them to the pint of breakingalso your transferring oils from your hands to your hair..counter productive to having clean dreads that dread fastits the same as over twisting which is very common tooi have never palm rolled once in my life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I just shake like a dog. It works great. =D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form