Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to forums, thinking about dreading

MaynardMonster
@maynardmonster
14 years ago
2 posts
hey guys, my names Maynard.ive always thought about dreading, so i finally decided to get some good info, this looks like a good start. my hair is not even long yet so im in the pre pre stages and just have a couple of issues before i commit.my main concern is my dandruff. i have very sensitive skin, and already have to wash daily and use medicated shampoo to keep my scalp frm drying out. i have gone maybe 3 or 4 days without washing my hair and it gets extremely itchy and dry and flakey.i dont want flakey dreads.. but i also dont want to use excessive products, is there anything i can do?
updated by @maynardmonster: 01/13/15 08:33:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well start today wash with the baking soda acv and herbs mix (search the site for "super clean" and read the entire threadteatree and rosemary and others will fix dandruffyou can also get the scalp used to washing less 2 times a week is good i had severe dandruff and this worked for meyou'll know its time to wash by the itch..loland well u sure came to the right (almost only) place to get good info on dreadswelcome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i am a 3 month natural/neglect dreadhead -- ask me anything
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Sup! SoaringEagle has already stated what you should be doing at this stage in the process.Your scalp will learn to produce less oil as you begin to spread out how often you wash your hair.Welcome
Seven
@seven
14 years ago
26 posts
this it the site you want for ANY dread questions....there is already answers for almost everthing and if its not here someone knows it :)i love this site <3im glad you found us first
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey man, sounds good, in the time you let your hair grow you can help your scalp in adapting to this change over time, http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for the thread he mentioned, I think I link that to at least 10 people a week,It has greatly helped my scalp with dandruff issues I was having at first that name brand soaps just weren't cutting, plus you can experiment to find the scent you like best with different essential oils,for dandruff purposes, definitely wanna pick up Tea Tree, it's already found in a lot of soaps for its effects on reducing dandruff on the scalp, as well as working as an anti-septic for naturally cleaning the scalp, the thread goes into further detail on the other essential oils.but to put it simply, it really isn't complicated or abnormally expensive to prepare your scalp for dreadlocks, in fact once you learn a few things it's rather simple an potentially exciting/rewarding.
MaynardMonster
@maynardmonster
14 years ago
2 posts
Thanks everyone for all the tips and info!!SE ill definitely try the teatree and rosemary
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form