Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sleeping on Wool

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Hello you fine people,So i sleep on a satin ( i think its satin or maybe smoth polyester) pillow case as i heard its good for helping keep out the lint fuzzies and am wondering if there is any truth to sleeping on a "wool" pillow case helps along the dread process, particularly when you are starting out doing the natural method. I figure if that is true for straight hair ir must be true for thick coarse hair like mine... Any thoughts?
updated by @thundersquall: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
i do notice a difference after i've slept in a wool tam or not. after wearing wool it feels like more knotting has happened then if i sleep normally. i think its something to do with the static thats produced by the wool, but i'm not 100% sure.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Since wool is an excellent conduit of static electricity. Sleeping on a pillow case made of wool is helpful. The thing you need to keep in mind though is the fact that may need to keep the wool pillowcase clean for the best results.I took an old merino wool sweater that I don't wear any more and put it on top of my pillow case as if it were a pillow case.
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Cotton Pillow cases perhaps?I slept in a wool hat and woke up without it. I tried a hairnet once and it also came off. I'm rough sleeper
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
yes ! do it! i did in the beginning it helps a lot.dont sleep on a woolen tam.make it a pillowcase out of a woolen cloth. TRUST THIS HELPS!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
i will give that go, thanks folks.
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Does cashmere wool work? seems like its almost too soft to do the trick, but i just got two free cashmere sweaters, so i may try it..
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Does it conduct static electricity to your hair if you rub it against your hair?If yes, go for it. If no, there can be no harm in trying anyway. Bird said:
Does cashmere wool work? seems like its almost too soft to do the trick, but i just got two free cashmere sweaters, so i may try it..
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form