dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

stiff dreads?

Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts

Hey guys, this is my first post!
so anyways, I'm having some troubles with the dreads . They are super stiff. if I hold one out by the root, the rest follows and sticks straight out. I have a bad feeling its a wax problem (stopped waxing about 5 weeks ago and am in desperate need to get rid of it) but I never used that much to begin with. Is this a wax problem, or is there anything else I can do to help them feel softer/flowy? Thanks for any help

updated by @lukey-luke: 02/14/15 07:35:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly wax do a thourough wax removal and they'll feel a million times betterthats a classic wax issue do a review in http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreadheadhq-and-knotty-boy-bad and include that picture

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
you look lie you crochet them.... how old are they? If they are young it'll go away with wax removal, if you crochet you may be stuck with it.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
It's wax, some of mine (namely the thicker ones) do the exact same thing.occasionally when washing with anything citric, you can literally palm roll it and squeeze parts of it out in mine, this has been ongoing for me for months since last time I used it was in april of 09,first time I noticed it was a few months ago when I closely looked at one of mine an saw this gunk coming out of one that I was washing, it's very annoying how that is,
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
probly hardcore crotcheting i have 1 dread i crotcheded ALOT that looks stiff just like that lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wether its wax or crochet its whatever u did that johnny clean told you to do

--
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
well I backcombed them in last july, waxed for about 8 months, and have been going natural for the last 2. I'm going to try to do some hardcore wax removal soon, hopefully that works. Oh and Ricky, I actually got this shirt for free at the MN state fair. Can't do better than free! haha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hardcores key and please post your wax review in the review page with the picwax is extremely hard to remove and even the most agressive efforts wont guarantee you get it allbut if u soften em up thats a startumm u may find theyre less dreaded more gled then u tyhought so if u get unraveling dont worry its a good thing your freeing them to actualy dread

--
V0rN
@v0rn
14 years ago
16 posts
mm some of my fatter ones are rather stiff too. Ive been washing 3-4 times a week to try keep at the wax , i grab a dread then push it on itself to try and free it up as much as possible and to get the baking soda infused cleaning magical liquid i made in to them. But as much as i try they are still quite stiff. I used to palm roll quite heavily to but have since stopped that as i want them to fatten up more and to expand so i can get what wax out which is left in them. But sometimes its hard to know if it is the wax .BARE WITH ME HERE= i took scissors to the tails of one of the fatter ones to slice it up the middle and see what was happening but surprisingly there was no real wax sign not to the naked eye anyway.....hmmmmmm. i'm hoping over time the wax will just grow out ive seen videos on youtube with people with long locs and at the very tips theres just one hard clump of waxy hair . Well thats my plan any way just keeping growing them and watch....!!!!!!Good luck man!
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
well I've officially "boiled" them twice. They are still pretty stiff, but feel much better. I think I'm just going to have to follow Vaughan and grow all that stuff out. Thanks for the help guys!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form