Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i love to drum in drum circles around a fire in the woods .
the heartbeat of the drum united with the heartbeat of the earth itswelf.
drumming is such sweet meditation, 6-8 hours can psss drumming and not feel like 1

post info on your drum circles here

(attached files are dun dun villiage from the rainbow gatherings, a camp full of amazing drummers)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:54:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
philadelphia pa usaevery Tuesday night from about 9 pm on till about 1 amlocation moves depending on weather and other factors.due to the fact that it at one time was completely massive and drew a crowd who were not exactly there for the right reasons we have vannished into the woods so do not post a location openly anymorebut the philadelphia rainbow lightline usualy has info on the location call 215 701-7233 and listen to the whole long drawn out rambling message

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh very much so and i found i can disable the rich text if others preffer the hyml/plain text editor stylei can only speak for me but i feel more like the drum plays me then i play the drum and i get into a trancelike state sometimes wondering if its been hours since i last breathed or my breathe gets so calmed to be almosst nonexistantand the drums just speak to eachother even whrn theres thousands of drums like at a gatherinmg its an active conversationwhen the drums really rage the earth shakes and dances beneath youir feetits very spiritual and intence calming yes alot of people drum to deal with anxiety in factyou got top go and drum to really appreciate itand most circles welcome new drummers and most drummers are willing to show u as few tips but oys pretty easy to pick up as long as u listen and dont let your ego go out of control (u can always tell the ego drummer whos poundding away loudest fastest and in totasl dischord to the rest of the circle, usualy with no steady beat anyone could follow anyway)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theyre mp3's not vids download and play in media player or change associationsand its tues not fri nightsand not alot recently im no longer within easy hiking distance so id need a ridehoping katy wants to go soon

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I love drums and drum circles.They make me feel so alive and connected.I have a nice deep Djembe and it has seen me through some major anxiety and depression as well as celebrations and happy times.
matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
wow did you ask the right guy.I love the drums, i can post videos of me playing them.I love drum circle. you can get lost in them forever,i was once at this concert and we started a drum cicle, i brought my crongos and everything.god it was so fun, we probabley played for a couple of hours, but i guess it is because i lost myself
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
at the gatherijgs the drum circles are massive and go on 24/7 pretty much some ppl do drum round the clockand the dumms kinda drive the music thats comming from everywhere its wild u can be miles away from the main drum circle and when the music in that camp stops u can hear the drumms from far away

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Never been to a drum circle, but I love jam sessions when it's with the right people....one person trying to be the focal point kills a jam for me. What I'm thinking of is probably pretty similar to what you said about people playing with their ego.Even when writing songs, not just jamming. The people I meet with about the same amount of experience as I have on bass are all hell bent on being the next Steve Vai always trying to make it more technical, more complex, faster, more flashy. They want peoples jaws to drop when they play, lol.I go more for getting people dancing or at least tapping their foot.
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
If anyone is in the Dallas texas area and amazing drum circle and fire spinners at the across the street bar every wensday night starts at 9 its a blast and it only cost 5 bucks to get in. i LOVE that place
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look up i think its texasdrums.org drum circles shouldnt have a pricetag

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form