dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff and itchyness.

Shaun de ia mann
@shaun-de-ia-mann
14 years ago
14 posts
got a bit of a problem.

my head itches but only at the back of my head. and i got abit of dandruff on the front. if i would use normal anti-dandruff shampoo what would happen??? guess its not good for the dreads???

how do you go about the whole soda mission and when do you do the vinagar mission + what good does it do.

~peace and blessings~

updated by @shaun-de-ia-mann: 01/13/15 08:32:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mix 3/4 cup baking soda 10 drops teatree oil 30 drops rosemary oil and 1 gallon waterpour over head and wait 10 min or longer (it kinda dissolves dandruff making it like a paste that rinses right out) after u soak a good while mix a splash or 2 of vinagar same oils and a gallon of water pour on over the baking soda it will foam and warm wait 3 min or so rinse out very well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Good to know, I have major dandruff always have...
Sammy Seven
@sammy-seven
14 years ago
19 posts
I have the same problem, but i just use head and shoulders dandruff shampoo. works fine.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Does using shampoos make your dreads heavy from residue build up?
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I do the baking soda wash every so often, if my dandruff gets really bad. But for the most part, I keep a bottle of Rosemary and Thyme tea (with a few drops of tea tree oil) in the bathroom with a bottle of sea salt water. I pour the tea over my scalp, let it set for a few minutes while I wash the rest of me, then rinse it out well with the sea salt water.Just be sure that the amount of salt in your water is in close ratio to that in the oceans.
Shaun de ia mann
@shaun-de-ia-mann
14 years ago
14 posts
how much vinagr do i use in that mix???? thanks again for the answers!!! ~peace and blessings~ soaringeagle said:
mix 3/4 cup baking soda 10 drops teatree oil 30 drops rosemary oil and 1 gallon water
pour over head and wait 10 min or longer (it kinda dissolves dandruff making it like a paste that rinses right out) after u soak a good while mix a splash or 2 of vinagar same oils and a gallon of water pour on over the baking soda it will foam and warm wait 3 min or so rinse out very well
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i usualy have my eyes closed when i mix the vinagar but u can experiment use less when your hairs in good shape if your lil dry use lil more also i use more if using white vinagar then i do if using apple cider vinagarbut ok if apple cider a capfull or 3 or a couple spoonfulls to a gallonif white 1/3 cup up to a cup ..or as lil as a fdew spoonfulstheres no wrong answer as much as u feel u should use or as lil as a couple spoonfullsyou'll get a feel for whats the best resopie for your dreads Shaun Steenkamp said:
how much vinagr do i use in that mix???? thanks again for the answers!!! ~peace and blessings~

soaringeagle said:
mix 3/4 cup baking soda 10 drops teatree oil 30 drops rosemary oil and 1 gallon water
pour over head and wait 10 min or longer (it kinda dissolves dandruff making it like a paste that rinses right out) after u soak a good while mix a splash or 2 of vinagar same oils and a gallon of water pour on over the baking soda it will foam and warm wait 3 min or so rinse out very well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form