dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a debate challenge to johny clean

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
as a community we challenge johny clean to a debate on the following questions

please note: the debate will not be held in thhis discussion, instead wuill be held here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/official-johnny-clean the actual debate will remain closed untill shortly befotre the debates to begin, this will help keep it clean.i expect all to try to put aside anger and keep the debate freindly.the debate will go on even if he does not show to defend his productsthis thread will be open to discussing the debate and questions wed like to askthe rules of the debate are as followed.
answers must not contradict themselves
answers must be truthful based on the scientifically accurate nature of the products in question
answers cannot just be an insult to the intelligence of the dread community

question 1: given the nature of wax, being a viscous substance with a melting point above 140 f and the properties of being hydrophobic how does wax not build up within dreads?
question 2: why is it recommended to only use non residue shampoo because residues are hard to remove, but also recommended to use a waterproof residue thats almost impossible to remove?
question 3: since dreads happen without effort how do you justify recommending a process with complicated instructions that takes hours and hours a week?
question 4: why do you demonize natural dreads when natural dreads are generally considered the most respected?
question 5: why do you recommend using tools and techniques like felting and crocheting that cause massive damage to dreads?
question 6: why do you deny harming anyone with your products despite the fact that thousands complain that they had to cut off dreads after using your products?
question 7: why do you continually recommend using less and less wax but still recommend using any?
question 8 why do you insult the intelligence of your customers with bold faced lies ridiculous claims contradictions and flashy stoner graphics designed just to distract from the nonsense your saying?
question 9: why have your own dreads never lasted past 3-4 years?
question 10 why is it almost no waxy dreads last past 3-4 years?
question 11: why do you think most previous wax users now warn everyone not to use wax?

anyone have any more questions you'd like to ask johny?
i'll collect them all and then knottysleeves can challenge him to a debate on twitter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/06/18 03:58:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well id still like to invite him to debate, i would say refusal to participate in a debates an automatic admission that hes just spreading lies

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Could ask him why his dreads look like a wig....And I agree with you sleeves. He is really only pushing his products to people that are in a rush to have dreads and don't quite have all the info. He's not going to put himself into a position where he has to debate with individuals who have done the research.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and dont move

--
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
i think the statement below is absolutely spot-on. as you may know, i am very new to dreadlocking so i can speak with very recent experience. As pretty much everyone else who is looking to start dreads, i googled it. the first few pages was full of wax promoting websites, after looking on youtube aswell pretty much all of the videos were advocating the use of wax and other products.I cannot remember how i came across this delightful website, sadly it was too late and i had already backcombed my hair (no wax though) and then after reading through this site wished that i hadn't.Instead of trying to confront the wax companies, which is a strategy i really doubt will work (i wish it would but i dont think it will) due to the fact that he has a rising buisness and doesn't want to dirty his image with having lost a debate with people from this site, but then even if he did loose how would we get the word out when the first few pages on google are completely vacant of links to this website unless you search for it knowingly. Anyway, instead of arguing with him head on, i think it would be alot more beneficial to somehow get this site more known, more accessible to the people starting on dready journeys, that way we can by-pass the wax companies by immediately educating potential customers.So, as a crude conclusion, as much as i would love to see johnny clean beaten in a debate, i think we can spend our time more wisely by promoting the website and getting it higher up on googles list.how to do this i believe (from consulting a friend whose buisness has just taken off) is by getting as many people to search for it on google. this feeds back to googles data base and the more people we get searching for this site in conjunction with tags such as 'dreadlocks' or 'dreads' and then clicking on the link to this page, the site then creeps higher up on the list of sites found by google. This friend of mine emailed everyone on his address list and got them to search for his company 10 times each on google and clicking on his link. he only asked 50 people to do this and it improved the amount of visitors to his webpage vastly by simply getting his site higher on the results returned on google. we have huge amounts of members on this page and if we get them to do the same, the results could be amazing....sorry for the long reply, i've just had a massive cup of coffee!!xKnottysleeves:''Wax is a highly-charged issue for a lot of dreadheads, and I think our efforts would be better spent educating people and balancing the misinformation spread by DHHQ and Knottyboy etc. It's important to get the word out that alternatives DO exist to using wax... if people find all this info and still decide to use wax, well, that's totally their choice and their own dread journey. My main concern is that people don't HAVE all the facts, all they're finding is the marketing BS spread by Jonny and his minions.''
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
sorry, late edit, but i would just like to add that your questions SE are great, and if we can get him to answer them it would be awsome, i'm sorry if it seemed like i ignored them man
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the sites actualy doing pretty good on some key phtases and is getting decent traffic as well as becomming pretty well known, it could be doing a bit better however and those sotes have a couple advantages and we have 1 big disadvantagetheyre advantages are they are a company with revenues and host theyre own site with full code control they can pay 50 grand easily to get top seo (search engine optimization) pros tio optimize pages to get at top of searchesnow i'm gairly good at that for an amerature but the issue is here on mimg uoi dont have full cosde control and nings got 2 major code probs (as well as members using less them perfect wordings (more on that in a sec) ning creates meta tags search engines use for indexing wromg, ythe descvription tag google expects to be no more then 160 charachters ning creates a desctioption tag that is the entire page text./. way out of range expected by google, additionaly it makes the keywords metatag out of the tajs you yag content with, but only alows single word tags like "dreads" "dreasdlocks" etc so you cant add a key phrasdse like "making dreadlocks in caucasian hair" npw the issuie there is when u search by "dreads" you get not onl;y m,illions of pages on dreads and your site might if lucly be in the yop million listings, but you also get my mother dreads seeing her parents my son dreads taking baths etc etc you cant target more specifuc phraseshowever we have gotten lucky have over 1/3 opf all pages indexed and quite a few in the number 1 positions and a good number on top 10-30we could be doing better yes but we are doing okok back to members wordingdiscussion titles picture titles blog post titles vid titles are of utmosr importance thety should be very descrioptive contsin keywords titles like i got a question..are useless far better would be questions about backcombing and minumum lelth of hairadditiomaly yaggings important too and using lweywords in 1sy paragraphsome engines also take link polularity into concideratuion, this meands if you have websites blogs online journals etc and you put a link on your page ti here and the search engine finds it they score pages higheer that have mpre links to it from other sitesso post our links all over (but not as spam please!!!!myspace/fb comments and bulitens are great ways to get the word out

--
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
SE what you've said makes complete sense, i didn't know how pages like this are listed and tagged and you have made it clear. i think out ambitions are that we need to get this website to the top or very near the top of whatever lists its on, whatever searches are made. i think the ways you have suggested are an excellent step in the right direction. things like wordings and titles put to posts and blogs are do-able and we can all contribute and help proceedings. as for posting links, i think that is also very achievable and i also think it is fair to say that pretty much every member of this forum will have facebook, myspace or an account similar on which they can put a link to this website. unless i misunderstood what you said, this would help a great deal with google listings etc and also generally get more direct visitors to this websitge as a result.we 'just' need to spread the word to users of this site to put these things into action, and slowly but surely changes will start to happen and more newbies will come accross the site and subsequently not be sucked into wax.i think it is achievable and together as an internet community, we can do it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its definately doiable and actualy were creeping up the listings all the time and site traffics increasing sll the time too

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just yesterday we were found by "why did interlocking make my dreads fall off" interlocking causes weak roots is interlocking bad for dreads and a few others plus a few looking to find out how to interlock etcin just 1 day dozens at least were looking for why interlocking was bad and 1 few for general interlocking info

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form