Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a debate challenge to johny clean

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
*The below were taken from SoaringEagle's initial post and edited* (Italicized parts are notes)question 1a: Is it true that you commissioned the use of both beeswax and microcrystalline wax in your dread wax product? if he knows his products well enough he will confirm by answering yes.1b. Since beeswax and microcrystalline wax are both a viscous and hydrophobic substance with melting points between either 91 to 97 and 150 to 187 degrees fahrenheit. How does wax not build up within dreads? If he denies wax getting into the core of a dread continue onto 1c.1c: Since you claim that wax doesn't get into the core of a dread. Why do tell users, who are waxing their dreads for the first time, to turn on a hair dryer and melt the wax into their dreads? Exact quote of his instructions for step four of waxing dreads is at the bottom. Quote the step, word for word, if he denies the recommendation. Leave the exact web address to the waxing instructions to add further pressure if desired.
Step Number Four! Break out the blow dryer and assume the pose. Whats the pose? Well, if you dont know, youre just gonna have to make it up - were not covering that in this step. Use the dryer (did we mention it has to be plugged in and turned on?) to melt the wax into your dreads. Under no circumstance should you use any heating appliance other than a hair dryer - toaster ovens, blowtorches and jet engines are strictly prohibited for this step. Skipping this step will leave the wax on the surface of your dreads which means they'll have that "freshly waxed tackiness" longer. This is annoying and they will be slightly more prone to picking up lint,feathers and whatever else your lil brother wings at your head, so we highly recommend the hair dryer. If you see wax on the surface of the dread while you are melting it in take a paper towel and pull it down the length of the dread to absorb this extra wax. Once youve achieved a head full of sleek soft dreads, youre ready for
question 2a: Is it because residues are hard to remove, that using a non-residue shampoo is recommended? 2b: If yes, then why do you also recommended the use a waterproof residue thats almost impossible to remove?question 9a: Is it true that you kept your first set of dreadlocks for five years and you are in your fourth year with your second set? 9b: Why haven't any of your dread locks lasted beyond five years?
updated by @goldeneagle: 07/23/15 03:41:17PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Here is the exact web address for the waxing instructions he gives:
dreadheadhq.com/make_dreadlocks_dread_it_up_wax.php
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hgood job :)my god though he sure insults the inteligence of anyone whod buy into wax i think he must laugh at his "victims" all day long.dont use a jet engine to melt in wax? wtf?i really hate to hate the guy but more and more everything hes ever written or said just ..well makes me want to light those candles on his head and just see how well waxy dreads burnim not violent in any way but doesnjt the stuff he says just make u want to slap the guy? or shave his head?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the vid your talking about at 1 pointy said "wax doesnt build up in the core of dreads cause u put it on the surface only" then said "wax doesnt trap dirt in your dreads, sure if you smear it on a wall it does, but wax in the core of your dread wont vecause the dirt wont penetrate to be trapped there" (something very close ti that too tired to remember exact words)he also said "wax doesnt make dreads feel sticky at all" then later said "noone likes sticky waxy dreads i dint even like toucjing mine after waxing, so use lock butta and they wont feel sticky anymoree" (but slimy instead?) Knottysleeves said:
At least he admits that it'll give your dreads an annoying "freshly-waxed tackiness". Ewww. And that wax -- whether melted in or not -- is prone to picking up lint, dust, feathers etc.

I remember him insisting in one of his videos that wax DOESN'T attract or hold lint/dirt (can't recall exactly what he said because the flashy graphics and background music were giving me a migraine) so it's interesting to see proof that he's clearly contradicting his own "expertise". LOL.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i would love to see a real close up macro pic of his dreads to see if they even look dreaded or look like hair just smashed into wax..

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think we've both seen enough dreads we know exactly what they look like. Bleh. soaringeagle said:
i would love to see a real close up macro pic of his dreads to see if they even look dreaded or look like hair just smashed into wax..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok if you look at his dread docta vid the challange to debates been made and hes not accepting i urge you all to add your requests to debate

--
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
That is so awesome that he agreed!I can't believe that it's actually going to happen.In case this helps or anyone cares, I cut off my first set basically because I followed his instructions correctly, except that I didn't use as much wax as recommended.
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
LOL THEY DO LOOK LIKE A WIG! Spider Feet said:
Could ask him why his dreads look like a wig....And I agree with you sleeves. He is really only pushing his products to people that are in a rush to have dreads and don't quite have all the info. He's not going to put himself into a position where he has to debate with individuals who have done the research.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
guess whos comming to dinner..nasty dreadlocks..lolok we have 2 weeks to prepare a list of official questions to start off with we can expand based on answers

--

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form