Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Everybody!!

Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts

I've been on here a couple of days now and haven't said anything yet so I figure I should now. I've had two sets of dreads before. I had my first done in a hairstylist academy. It was done by backcombing but done very loose then wax was put in it. It only took an hour with three people working on it. And didn't cost much because they were students. Other than that I didn't do anything else to my dreads. I only had those for a couple of months. I didn't like the way they looked. I thought they were suppose to be uniformed and stuff. I had my mom comb them out because I didn't want to cut them and loose the length of my hair. I waited 4-5 months to do them again. Gave my hair some time to grow. This time I fell for the DreadheadHQ Dread Kit. 14 hours straight of backcombing and pain. I did the schedule they tell you to do maybe only a month or two I found it was too much work to be doing so I stopped and let my hair be. The only thing I used from then on was the shampoo. I did use the wax for a few months. Never liked how it felt but I did like the smell of it. Again I thought this was what you had to do. I had those for over a year. I then decided to cut them off. My scalp became very dry and itchy and I couldn't take it anymore. I do regret cutting them but I wanted to start over and let my scalp recover before I do them again. Now its been several months since then and I checked this site out after I been added by its myspace page. I'm glad I did or else was going to do the kit over again. So theres my story. I will show some pics of each.

I don't have a before pic for my first set this was a couple of days after I got them done. And yes those are contacts.

Here's my hair after a few months of letting it grow and getting ready to do the dread kit

My second set of dreads

And now after several months of growing my hair out after cutting the dreads off

So there you go...

updated by @cody-pitt: 02/14/15 09:05:48AM
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Yay for corporation free dreads!! :) This time they can really be your own!!!
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Yes they will be :). I am still going to do the twist and rip method whichs seems the next best thing other than going natural. But other than that I am letting them do their thing, besides ripping some sections so they don't grow into congos.
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
Welcome! i almost got drawn into the use of wax but then i stumbled across this site and its steered me on the right path. i'm now just leaving my hair alone and letting it do its own thing, it feels great and its giving me something to work towards and look forward to. you read some great things on here and always get great advise on anything and everything!
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Thank you. If I would have found this site back then I wouldn't have used those products. I would still have my dreads today. But hey you live and learn. Yea I can't wait to start them again. I'm waiting until around May I think to start. I want to make sure my scalp is healthy and to add a little more length to my hair. Yea the people on here seem really nice and helpful from the forums I've been reading. I hope you have a good dreading journey
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
hehe, yea, oh well you're not the only one and now you can help other people avoid wax etc.cheers man, hope yours come on well too!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thousands and thousands of peeople cut ioff dreadheadhq dreads and start over wax free yet johny still claims to be "helping people" .. i would love to start a campain every dread cut off due to wax should be saved we'll load up a dumbptruck fuill of chopped off waxy dreads and dump it at they dreadheadhq door..burry the store in a mountain of chopped off dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
sounds like a grand idea to me SE. from what i've heard, i think most, if not all people on this site would take an active role
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
So have any of you watch those some what new vids Johny has on youtube about the wax controversy
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I don't think I could sit through any of his videos. They are much too distracting and confusing.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form