Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and school

Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
14 years ago
10 posts
Hey I'm finally getting back into the dready mindset I was in before Christmas and I'm wanting to dread but at school they are fine with dreads. But not with dreading hair they accept it if it's instant but will tell you to 'sort out your hair' if it looks like it's starting to dread. The official policy is no outrageous hairstyles but because a lot of teachers high up in the school don't like dreads they try to make kids have hair like they want. What would you say is the quickest method to dread and how can you speed up the dreading process. My hair tangles like there's no tomorrow anyway but is quite oily and even without messing with my hair it tangles but no sections form. All advice is appreciatedPeace
updated by @crazyboy414: 01/13/15 08:32:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
fight it explain that if dreads are accepted they must accept dreading naturaly since instant dreads are unheal6thy dreads and dreads grown for spiritual reasons are protected by law and must be grown naturaly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u ciuld dread by stealth then fight the good fight when/if they say anythingbut its not like u really need to fight hard, just write out a written statemenmt like thisto whom it concernsthe school has a policy of acceptence of dreads, however theyre intolerence of the natural dreading process is harmful and descrimanatory against all who wear dreadlocks for religios reasons. rastafarians, christians jews muslims and hindus who grow dreads according to scriptures are required to not comb and allow the dreads to foem naturaly.additionaly intolerance of natural dreading causes dreads to be creatted with harmful methods. to speed up the process and bipass the early messy stages of dreading requires use of harmful products and methods that limit the lifespan of most dreads.it is my choice to dread naturaly and keeop my dreads a lifetime.i feel its ilegal descrimination to allow fake fashion dreads but not alow natural dreads that have been a spritual or religios expression since the most ancient of times.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^it shouldn't be as hard as you believe to grow your own locks in school, just do it, and take it step by step, but be ready to hear crap from school, ignore/dismiss what you can till they try to take action, remember it's not like your school is gonna force you down on the floor one day and shave ur hair off.if need be just do it till you get taken to a principle and tell him what SE said.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
can you wear hats?
Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
14 years ago
10 posts
no unfortunately i'd love to wear a tam at school IllumiKnotty said:
can you wear hats?
Dislike 0