Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does it smell?

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I got to thinking a while back and I was wondering, do your dreads start to smell after not washing them for a while? I don't mean a flat out putrid smell, but a more funky-like almost musty smell. I myself don't have dreads yet but I am starting to wash my hair every third day to help the locking process and by the second day my head smells a little funky. I was wondering if anyone else knows what Italking about or if this is normal or if there's a way to fix this. BTW I'm using dr. Bronner's castille peppermint soap invade anyone was wondering.
updated by @knotty-john: 01/13/15 08:32:04PM
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
My hair smells like it smelled when it was straight and I didn't wash it for a while. The only difference is now I don't have residual perfumes from regular shampoo to add to the scent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i never notice a smell but i add oilds to my wash and rinse so maybe thats all it takesor maybe youir just 1 of those ppl with extra sensative smellingor wait hows youir diet scent is largly due tpo wehat your skin excretes, meat eatters definately smell more because they excrete more toxic crap through theyre pores, same with ppl who eat alot of junk food garbage and stuff full of preservatives etxcif the scents diet related changing tyour diet and maybe doing a cleanse or sweat lodge to clean out your system will helpif it is diet related youd probly notice body oder and brearth oder as well thougfh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
if it bothers you -- wash it. if it doesn't -- dont.
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Definately could be diet..Just something to think about...
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
its the crusty way breeze said:
Straight to the point!

IllumiKnotty said:
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
I've been finding a slight smell after 3 or so days. It's not potent & I've asked workmates who say they don't even notice it. It must be from the nape underneath cos the dreaded parts that reach to my nose just smell like hair. I do miss having "pretty" smelling hair but it goes to show how much residual perfumes were in the shampoo & conditioner I used. When I'm goin out I'll give my lock a spray or 2 of aftershave instead if on my neck. Girls get a surprise when I don't stink like old feet!

IllumiKnotty said:
its the crusty way breeze said:
Straight to the point!

IllumiKnotty said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form