Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so i had just found out my hair is kinda greasy

joey osorio
@joey-osorio
14 years ago
14 posts

is it bad if my hair is greasy i am doing neglect method now and im 5 days in and i just learned my hair is greasy will this have any effect in the process of dreading??? or will it take a bit longer

im in no rush its just i was amazed that i had greasy hair and was wondering if it would have a negative effect

updated by @joey-osorio: 01/13/15 08:31:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes greasy hair slows dreading but can be dealt with, 1st off wash less often wioth something that wont strip grease and oils , in between washes spray scalp with thyme teaslowly it will become less greasy u casn also sray hair not scalp wwith sea salt sprays

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
joey osorio
@joey-osorio
14 years ago
14 posts
SE you have any idea what i can get to wash my hair with??? and i was wondering i know this may sound gross but with neglect as well what can i wash my hair with or do i just let it be lol soaringeagle said:
yes greasy hair slows dreading but can be dealt with, 1st off wash less often wioth something that wont strip grease and oils , in between washes spray scalp with thyme tea
slowly it will become less greasy u casn also sray hair not scalp wwith sea salt sprays
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
although I can't tell what your hair looks, that oily greasy hair would lock up faster with the Essential Oils mix that he mentions in that thread, the sea salt in particular is also good for drying your hair,if you take steps now be4 you have actual locks, you can prevent your scalp from continuing to be so greasy in the future. which (at least i imagine) is worse for people that start their locks immediately (with a starter method) w/o preparing the scalp for that change first which would probably result in alot more dandruff.
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
tbh mine get oily at roots and helps mine lock
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
wash it a lil bit!
Dislike 0

Tags