Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEWBIE!!

Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts

Hey guys, newbie to this forum and newly dreaded! Had mine for about 6 weeks now, happened to stumble across this forum when doing a little bit of surfing and think some of the tips and ideas for washnig etc are fantastic! Now on a not so good note - I USE WAX........ oh oh. Was told from the get go that I should be waxing them once a week - so I have.If I stop using wax what do I do about the fluffies?? Drives me crazy.... cant wait til they're solid and extablished! Looking for someone to fix the roots for me - my hair grows fairly quickly so I think I'll need to get a tidy once a month. Anyone in Melbourne, Australia that knows someone? Have attached a pic, any comments/feedback appreciated!

Love & light.

updated by @amethyst: 01/13/15 08:31:57PM
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
ok so the pic didn't work - told ya Im a newbie! ; )
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
Thanks for the welcome Sister! See my hair was SERIOUSLY unhealthy when I got them done, so I figured wax probably wasnt doing any real harm - other than preventing the matting process of course, which I am now well aware of! I plan on making my own products, spritzers and washes, so will avoid using wax as often as I have been. Im glad that so many people are talking about how bad wax can be - because I hate nothing more than giving them a good wax at night and waking up with a pillow stuck to my face! Will refrain from waxing in future and see if I can create some alternatives.
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Yep..I tried the wax last year after my hair was naturally locking up..it was a mess..yuk....natural is so much better :) Amethyst said:
Thanks for the welcome Sister! See my hair was SERIOUSLY unhealthy when I got them done, so I figured wax probably wasnt doing any real harm - other than preventing the matting process of course, which I am now well aware of! I plan on making my own products, spritzers and washes, so will avoid using wax as often as I have been. Im glad that so many people are talking about how bad wax can be - because I hate nothing more than giving them a good wax at night and waking up with a pillow stuck to my face! Will refrain from waxing in future and see if I can create some alternatives.
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
Thanks for the welcome Breeze! Im not stressing out bout my fuzzies coz I know it goes hand in hand with the development stage - am just impatient coz I want real dreads! I guess Ive literally been talking about getting them for 10 YEARS now - whats another few months before they look like real ones?! ; )Thanks for the super compliment knottysleeves!! Yeah my hair is kinda naffed - it was a case of cut half it off or dread it - and really - whos gonna pass up that opportunity?! Hmmm, do I really have to wait before I get them tidied?! Dammit, I may go crazy if my undreaded roots get too long ; ) PS you may have the BLUEST eyes ive ever seen.........
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
roots need no help anything u do to roots only hurts u just leave em alone and look through the wax removal thread and remove all u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
Hey sister. Couldn't figure out how to add the pics to this convo so Ive just put a few up on my page, feel free to look there! Yeah I woke up this morning after doing a baking soda rinse last night and my dreadies were fluffier than ever, particularly the roots - but I threw a headband on and tied them up and forgot about them! Im taking onboard alot of wisdom about just leaving them alone thanks to all the beautiful souls on here. After all - I am only 6 weeks into my journey - must learn to be patient!! x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it read this entire thread..everyy single responce tooand then get as much wax out as u possibly can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form