dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just starting the journey

iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
I've just embarked on the journey of dreadlocks, literally started yesterday,
Am a student so looks atm isnt a problem so i did a little bit of back-combing to help things along a little bit but am just leaving my hair alone. no products now, no products ever and i'm going to start using baking soda shampoo when i wash my hair (havnt done that so-far, am too nervous about mucking up whats already been done) I've put a picture on here, hope it works and u can see it but let me know what u think and how long u guys think it'll take for them to catch properly and start looking a bit better.
peace out every1 x

updated by @iluvblutak: 01/13/15 08:31:56PM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
hehe nice hair!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
alittle backcombing? looks like u backcombed the hell outta embut they'll dread just fine they'll stick up looking goofy awhile ..wash em..they'll look better after a couple washes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
it wasnt much, but i've been fiddling with them quite a bit if i'm honest. i havnt washed them yet, have been too scared but i now have baking soda etc to wash them with. yea, its the side-show bob look i think hehe soaringeagle said:
alittle backcombing? looks like u backcombed the hell outta em
but they'll dread just fine they'll stick up looking goofy awhile ..wash em..they'll look better after a couple washes
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
After you wash your dread locks expect any of the following: Loose roots, kinks, loops, and fuzziness.Leave your dread locks alone. Backcombing began the process of developing mature dreadlocks. However your dreadlocks still have to go through the process of maturing.Oh another thing, take any and all rubber bands out of your hair.
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
yea, no rubber bands present :) i literally backcombed them and the have just been fiddling them, am about to shower now with a baking soda mix i'm just so paranoid that it'll all come undone, oh well, i have ages to let them lock properly.cheers mate x GoldenEagle said:
After you wash your dread locks expect any of the following: Loose roots, kinks, loops, and fuzziness.

Leave your dread locks alone. Backcombing began the process of developing mature dreadlocks. However your dreadlocks still have to go through the process of maturing.

Oh another thing, take any and all rubber bands out of your hair.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form