Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREADLOCKS TRACTION ALOPECIA / BALDING please HELP !!!

bryan 809
@bryan-809
5 years ago
1 posts

Hi i started my dreadlocks 3 moths ago. I got my dreadlocks done with the crochet hook metod. I actually do maintenance on my dreadlocks 1 time every 3/4 weeks. Lately i actually stopped doing maintenance at the roots and just do it at the "body" and the top of the dreadlock. Now that's a pic of my head now. I see that little "empty" spot on my sculp, I'm scared of that being traction alopecia or balding coming form over tension on the roots even tho i'm not touching them. Can you guys tell me if that's just normal coming from the hair there being inside dreadlock roots all around that spot or if i'm balding or damaging too much or having traction alopecia. Thanks in advance plese HELP !!!

d1.jpg
d1.jpg  •  154KB

d2.jpg
d2.jpg  •  203KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

it does look like its probably early stage traction alopecia, but you got bigger problems, crochet damage. you should NEVER let a crochet hook touch your hair, not even once! throw it away,  let them recover the traction alopecia as mild as it is should recover nicely as long as you stop the damaging maikntenance

the crochet harm will take way longer to recover from and have more permenant issues

you break thousands of hairs everytime you crochet working on the body of the dreads way way worse then the roots wich should be loose enough  to only break a few

but seriously throw the hook in the trash, no, break it, put a curse on it, desecrate it, set it on fire bury the ashes and for good measure defecate on the 'grave' just so theres never any temptation to use it again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form