Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greetings from Greece

Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts

Greetings everyone Happy !!!! My name is Theodora and it has been a week since I started my dreadlock journey (so excited!). For the past week I have been delving into the site and I really like the community's vibes  Laugh ! So, I would be much obliged if you could help me with an issue I 've been facing. To begin with, a piece of information about my hair (if anyone is interested): I went to the doctor(dermatologist)recently and she said I have got oily hair and skin. Provided the condition of my hair, do you think that it won't dread? I mean, is it a hindrance? Any advice provided will be really appreciated!!! Again thank you very much for accepting me as a part of this awesome community  :) . A lot of embraces to everyone!!! PS I have included a picture of me which was taken today in hopes of forming an idea of how my hair looks like(please excuse the quality and the angle...and everything else hehe). Cheers!!!   20190321_1242071.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome

it will dread but theres ways to change how u wash to reduce oiliness

reduce how often you wash.. just a lil.. by 1 day.. then after a bit 2.. maybe even eventually 3

the more oils you strip he more the scalp feels it must produce

ALWAYS WINCE COLD very cold if you can

this seals moisture into the cuticles and seals the pores shut

i have heard thyme as a strong tea as an after rinse helps regulate oil production over time (or thyme hehe)  tips: dont buy it for spice racks, buy from herb stores in bulk (or online) or grow a few plants  or wildcraft

some herbs  in small containers for spices can be 200 an oz but by the oz 6 or less

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts
Thank you very much for the advice soaring-eagle!!! It's really comforting to hear that it will dread😃.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
My hair is pretty greasy too but I worked out that washing 3 times a week is good for me.

You should definitely try this shampoo though it really is the best.

https://dreadlockshampoo.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=7&zenid=a0a7dad4ae5898f49f766ee644f83812

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts
Thank you for the recommendation☺.
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Welcome! I just started out as well and also have rather oily hair, but I already have quite some tangles and possibly a skinny baby dread forming (in the front of all places) so I don't think you have to worry about your hair being oily :)

Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts
Thanks a lot😊! Can I enquire about the length of time it took the dreadlock to start forming? (Haha I am so impatient😰)Thank you in advance☺!
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Well, that's why I say 'baby dread' because it's only been a month since I stopped brushing my hair. So it doesn't look like a dreadlock at all, but I'm hoping it will become one eventually. I'll try and make a picture of it tomorrow, maybe that will help explain it, need to post my progress anyway.

Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts
Neat☺.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form