Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question on Conditioning Dreads

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
6 years ago
346 posts

I made the switch this year to using the products made by dreadlocksshampoo, which this site promotes. ...I will save time by simply saying go out and buy them for yourself, the difference is real.

I bought a bottle of her conditioner (sadly not actually up on her site, the same story with the detox bar - my first purchase from her, it's what got me hooked.). My question is, I have pretty loose roots, maybe about max 2 inches undreaded, so is it better to condition starting where the dreads actually begin rather than putting the conditioner on my scalp and rinsing it through as I do normally with shampoo?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yes and maybe too soon to condition unless they are really in desperate need. I will say the conditioner takes more rinsing then any other produts

are you using bars or liquid ..wait your dreads are fairly old aren't they? and still 2 inches looe at the roots?

condition the parts that need it the most..if your using liquid switch from bars to liquid from time o time you migt not need to condition just a break from the sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
6 years ago
346 posts

I am using the bar, I might have overestimated when I said 2 inches. might be closer to an inch. Which I know is needed to dread. I bought the conditioner because I have sections of my dreads that have always seemed to feel very compact to me. I know they get dense with age,  I am also looking to make my dreads feel a little softer and less scratchy to the touch.

So maybe I should spot treat with the conditioner then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

oh your fine just do the whole dreads then

but use small ammounts and rinse extra well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
6 years ago
346 posts

Ok, and I will obviously avoid the roots. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form