Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I Be Concerned???

Enlighten.Torus
@enlighten-torus
6 years ago
8 posts

Are these twists in my hair going to be OK?!?

I used the TnR method and was planning to crochet around the dreads, but have decided to just neglect them from here on out.  After getting some pretty negative feedback I'm crazy concerned that the twists won't dread. 

Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve combing them out and starting over?

20180503_142250.jpg
20180503_142250.jpg  •  796KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea tnr when you dont randomize  enough looks sorta braidy.. it will go away as they dread..if a lil hint of it remains  it will just be interesting texture.

just wait they will get crazy loopy and look incredibly diferent in the next few months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Enlighten.Torus
@enlighten-torus
6 years ago
8 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

yea tnr when you dont randomize  enough looks sorta braidy.. it will go away as they dread..if a lil hint of it remains  it will just be interesting texture.

just wait they will get crazy loopy and look incredibly diferent in the next few months

Awesome, thank you!
Jony666
@jony666
6 years ago
25 posts

Enlighten.Torus:

Are these twists in my hair going to be OK?!?

I used the TnR method and was planning to crochet around the dreads, but have decided to just neglect them from here on out.  After getting some pretty negative feedback I'm crazy concerned that the twists won't dread. 

Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve combing them out and starting over?

They will lock up, just give it time and make sure to rinse will with water on a daily basis!

I did twist and rip on my first set of dreads all by myself, it took them about a whole entire year to really get the look and feel of real rastas and lock up a bit, after a few months I even twisted threads around each and every one of them and left the threads on for 2 months to help them lock up.

Looking back I think the problem during that first year was that I was super afraid to get my har wet or wash my hair, because I thought it would lengthen the whole process. Now I know, with my new set of dreads, that rinsing on a daily basis not only helps them lock up faster, it also keeps a healthy scalp and a healthy scalp will give you healthy rastas, and also over all just make you feel better and take away dandruff, itches and scalp gunk.

It's funny, during the 3-4 years I had my first set of dreadlocks I did not get them wet and didn't wash with shampoo either. Now i'm rinsing with water daily and even with shampoo once per week and it is so much better.

updated by @jony666: 05/10/18 08:20:09PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form