Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
noting really to fix just wear a wool tam if it bugs yaflat dreads round on theyre own palm rollings a total waste of timei wouldnt bother ..just wear a tam and give it time theyre doin finethey look just like they should look that early

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
check both shop section and craft trade

--
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
Hehehehe, its all good my friend, they are gunna look like shit for a good while yet. Do ya self a favour and stick a hat of some disription on b4 ya look in a mirror,,hahaha, I know the first cppl mths is hard, but ya have to realise that it is normal for your dreads to not look like dreads early on. Your head will some what resemble a rats nest one day and side show bob the next and then sum completely random other thing the next...it means they are doin ther thing (locking up)...wash em and leave em alone... if you dont think they look good enough for public consumption-stick a hat/wrap/bandanna etc...on... happy travels my friend, physicaly and...
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
You could try using a felting needle on them. Ive tried it on my own dreads in the past, as well as on a friend of mine, and it really does miracles on tightening them up and loose hairs.I read somewhere on this forum that it it damages them a lot, but i haven't seen any on mine. They don't break hair as a crochet needle, but rather folds it into the dread.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ohh no feltings worse thenm crochet!!look at a felting needle its covered in sarp barbs that shread up hairs ..it works because it damagesthe hairs become torn up and rough and grip eachoter by the shreaded edges

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

felting needles are very sharp and barbed te barbs tear hair up as it compresses itthere is never any reasoin to worry or sdo anything to force tightness

--
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
SE: I think you're overrating how much damage felting does. Of course it will be damaging if you do it a lot, or very aggrisively, but if youre carefull the hair folds instead of beaing shreded. Felting sculptures are made by the same method, and they don't seem to fall apart, do they?By the way, the needles don't have giant barbs as the picture you posted. They arent even visible to the naked eye :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the reason they dont fall apart is wool edges are sreaded causing loose fibers tat mesh and grip..it is indeed very very damagingand te pic was very closeup so u can see te barbs but te barbs do shred airs its desinge4d just for tat purpose Adrian M Jrstad said:
SE: I think you're overrating how much damage felting does. Of course it will be damaging if you do it a lot, or very aggrisively, but if youre carefull the hair folds instead of beaing shreded. Felting sculptures are made by the same method, and they don't seem to fall apart, do they?
By the way, the needles don't have giant barbs as the picture you posted. They arent even visible to the naked eye :P

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 11:51:46AM
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
SE: Still not entirely convinced. It seems to have worked well on my locs at least. Usefull if you want to congo dreads manualy too. did it on some of mine some monts back, and now you cant even see that they were once separate!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its very damaging but doing just a lil bit wont be odvios however every site on felting dreads warns dont felt te same areas over and over and never ever felt te roots otrt your going to do massive damage and cause breakage so they odviosly state it is damaging but tey expect you to accept a certain amount of damage in te name of vanityits simply not a good idea but if you are so worried about every air your willing to damage your dreads its an option just not a good one at all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form