dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brand new twist & rip baby dreads!

Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Hi guys!
I've been lurking around here for a while, and since my little sister recently transformed my hair into lots of (wannabe) dreads, I decided to join! This is where we're at so far:

They're all new and fresh and twisty-looking now, but with a little fiddling i'm sure they will felt in like, a year, haha.

Now a little background, i'm 19, and currently a politics student, although I plan never to do anything with my degree, never to get a proper job, and to earn a living as a free-of-charge sex therapist, living off donations, working in a collective. I guess from this you can already sort of tell what my philosophy on life is.

I'm very much a primitivist, and wish to go back to nature when I can and live my life in that way. Grow my own food, build my own home etc.

Now, why did I want the dreads?

Well, for 4 years I neglected my hair completely, didn't wash it with anything but water, and never ever brushed it. It was about shoulder length, and turned pretty crazy. Dreads started forming on their own, but more than that it was just a complete messy, nest of hair. Everyone asked me why don't I just get dreads, since my hair was practically one big dreadlock anyway, and then I could live this lifestyle of hair neglect fully - actually make something out of it. Seemed like a great idea to me!

So in absolutely no time, my sister and I tore all the craziness in my hair apart and tried to make something out of it that would eventually turn into proper dreads!

And that is the story!

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Peace and love :)

updated by @pam-pomelo: 02/14/15 09:04:51AM
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Great story....so glad you're here as we have much in common and share many of the same dreams......coincidence???
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes i agree i tin=k we will be great freinds so muc alike

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andres
@andres
14 years ago
18 posts
and you are beautiful with all due respect :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
agree with tat your eyes are amazing and your skin just glows wit a soft radience..pure natural beauty

--
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
welcome to the site and to your new locks! and if i may say, with that intoduction... i think you are my dream girl haha :)
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Thank you so much for all your warm welcomes! I'm sure I will find some great friends here!I took some better pictures of my new dreads:

updated by @pam-pomelo: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
My dreads were started with twist and rip also. Expect the hair near the roots, of some dreads, to seemingly come undone when compared to the rest of the dread.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
aww you are adorable! cute as a button.awwwww luv ur new dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
love em and u already found at least 1

--