Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about washing in early stages

Joshua Miles
@joshua-miles
10 years ago
3 posts
Hey what's up y'all?I'm new to the site and to dreading so first I'd like to say thanks for all the great information and help on the site!I apologize if this has been asked already, but I haven't seen it covered anywhere so here goes:I decided to start the dreading journey about a week ago after doing some research and realizing the process isn't that different from how I care for my hair anyway (I never brush or use conditioner, just use my hands and blow dry to untangle). I'm a week in and already loving it. My question is this: should hair be kept dry when showering on the days you don't wash it? I usually wash my hair about 2-3 times a week, but on the days I don't wash I still wet it in the shower. Does wetting it stop it from knotting up?Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!
updated by @joshua-miles: 01/13/15 10:04:13PM
Ibe Reverie
@ibe-reverie
10 years ago
14 posts

Even though I'd like to think I know..I'd rather sit back and wait for someone with more experience to answer..I'll be watchin' this post :P I also do the same as you. I wash every 3 days or so, but I wet it in the shower quite often..sometimes even multiple times a day, so i am definitely curious to hear from some veterans here!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wetting it washing it swimming etc all help it dread..howevewr there is aproblem with wetting every day or many times a day (wiuch i do all day whgen its real hot to cool down but make sure it dries after)the prob is if u wetr daily and it takes 2 o0r 3 days to fully dry after being soaked it wont ever really dry and will mold

that slow drying times the only reason u shiuldnt wash every day if u8 wanted to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joshua Miles
@joshua-miles
10 years ago
3 posts
Ok, that makes sense. Is air drying the only way to dry or is it ok to rub a towel on it after a shower?Thanks for your help!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
rubbing with a towel can undo knots as fast as c ombingsun on a hot day is the best way to drty when cold or rainy blow dry but in quick bursts not all at once

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
rubbing with a towel can undo knots as fast as c ombingsun on a hot day is the best way to drty when cold or rainy blow dry but in quick bursts not all at once

--
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

On the drying front... if, like me, there are times where you can't just let it air dry (I shake it out by 'headbanging' after getting out of the shower), gently press with a towel to get much of the moisture out. Don't rub. I also will lightly wrap the towel around my head turban style (end loose) for up to ten minutes while getting dressed if I'm really in a hurry and don't want wet spots on my clothes.

Hope this helps!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form