Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose dreadies

Jayde
@jayde
10 years ago
10 posts
Hi guys. Ive had my dreads now for 9 months. I started them with backcombing and havnt touched them in 9 months..just seperate them every now and again. Ive noticed recently that some seem to be extremely loose halfway down, some have even split and it feels like there are no knots there at all anymore. could this be from overwashing (I wash around once a week) I'm just worried that they will completely unravel. its mostly dreads on the top of my head. The ones underneath at the back are nice and tight and quite loopy :D
updated by @jayde: 01/13/15 10:01:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u cant over wash if anything your under washing but what are you washing with? that might be the cause

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayde
@jayde
10 years ago
10 posts
just an organic non residue shampoo i got in a health shop. could it be that i'm washing or drying them too roughly. i usually give them a good squeeze out after washing by grabbing and twisting a handful to squeeze the water out
Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

Wash more often, like 3-4 times a week and dry them really well. You can soak your head in salt water a couple hours before showering. Make sure you use sea salt, not ordinary salt. Make sure you rinse thoroughly.

Just be patient. They'll lock up.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

No need to worry about it, Tnr and backcomb dreads tend to unravel some and then relock naturaly. just let them be. Some Lockin' Up Liquid from the DLS site might help. :)

Jayde
@jayde
10 years ago
10 posts
Thanks guys...great advice. Just gotta be patient i guess :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form