Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thinning hair

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
11 years ago
90 posts

I have thin hair on top of my head. How is the best way to guide my dreads forming to cover the thin spots so I do not show so much of my skin.? Will the dreads develop enough as they mature to cover this?

updated by @casey-fay: 01/13/15 10:00:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how thinning? and is there a reason it started thinning?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My hair is very thin and fine so I understand the question very well. This is the big thing that I wish that I had known before I started....smaller dreads on the top of your head!!! It is best to have various sizes but I highly highly recommend dime and nickel sized sections on the top of your head if your hair is thin. It helps give volume, makes it appear thicker and fills in all the gaps over time. Cover the rest of your head with thicker dreads if you wish but thinner ones on top is much better!!!

When my dreads were about 2 or 3 years old..I separated a few thicker ones on top. It took a long time and it was very painful. I would not want to do that again ever!

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

I have a thinning bald spot on the crown of my head. Any more I could care less about it! The more you start to worry about thinning hair or a bald spot you're gonna want to shave your dreads. You have dreads so stop worrying of a thin spot or whatever. IF you went natural I bet you didn't care how your hair looked. Do just the same for the thinning spot!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Ms Taye said it perfectly. thinner ones up top. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form