Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Really oily hair

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

So i have extremely oily hair and I've been naturally letting my dreads form and i wash them 2-3 days, but i don't want to wash them more than that. even then my hair is still oily. i read that if you sleep with a scarf or head wrap it will absorb the oil. is this permitted? Will this mess up anything? Also only the back of my hair hair is really dreading what do i do? lol sorry for all the questions just tired of my family saying to cut my hair it looks ugly.

updated by @gary2: 01/13/15 09:59:46PM
Hazanko
@hazanko
11 years ago
27 posts

you can wash as needed if you want to. As your dreads mature and you're able to space washes out more, your hair should adapt. I used to have very oily hair, now that my dreads have matured quite a bit and I've spaced out washes, I often times go 3-4 days without washing my hair and have no excessive oil buildup, at this point I'm really just washing for the sake of helping progress along and making sure it's not dirty.

Also, after washing, my hair will be moist after almost an entire day, so it would be a little annoying washing daily.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

overwashing makes it more oily id think a ghead wrap would too
wash with baking soda only no acv every 3 then every 4 days
after a week or 2 or 3 it will be less oily
then u can change hopw u wash
the back will dread fastest the rest wull catch up once the oilines is uder control

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form