Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is glycerin safe to use on dreads?

Ashley Lewis
@ashley-lewis
11 years ago
2 posts

I bought some bucks county soap shampoo bars and they smell really good but it's just hard to get all over my scalp and really get in there to clean em. So i was wondering about turning them into liquid but all recipes I've found have you use glycerin. Is this going to be safe on my dreads? Anyone have any experience doing this?

updated by @ashley-lewis: 01/13/15 09:59:30PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Glycerin is moisturizing. Baby dreads really should avoid extra conditioning!! If your dreads are older and mature glycerin is not too bad. I am not sure how old your dreads are but I think if your dreads are babies...Seal up that soap in an airtight container ( to keep the smell strong) and put it away until your dreads are more mature. I would find a good liquid soap until then. I f you have mature dreads....try different ways to shampoo your hair with the bar. I wet my hair, wet the bar, and then rub the bar all over my head. It gets real sudsy and cleans my hair very well.

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
What I do when I use the bars is first thing, cut it in half. Wet hair and bar, rub bar in hand then rub hands together focusing on getting soap on finger tips then massage that on my scalp and repeat until soap is all over my scalp. Run water over head real quick and scrub lightly to get it sudsy then rinse. I've been staying with the liquid lately cause my hair/dreads seem to like it better.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wey hair real good wet bar i give my scalp a lil spray again just to be sure its good and wet ryb the bar all over scalp then use hands to ryb it in to lather

if they are young tho u might try the liquid instead awhule

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ashley Lewis
@ashley-lewis
11 years ago
2 posts

my dreads are 10 months. Not sure where that puts me. Maybe i will just try harder to make the bar soap work for now. thank you

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form