Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No length?

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I have had my dreads for about 7 months now, but they don't seem to be getting any longer. All but like three strands have dreaded up and shrunk but now it's at a halt, my hair is not getting longer at all. About how long does it take before the length starts coming?

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 09:59:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

minumum 8 months more likely 13

sometimes not untill into the 2nd year at 7 months its way too soon to expect growth your barely 1/2 way through the 1st year.. they will grow when nearer mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

My dreads did not start gaining length until after the 2 year mark. Actually my hair got a lot shorter in the first 2 years. They shrink and tighten for a very long time. When I started dreading my hair was to my waist. It shrank to above my shoulders. At 3 years it was about down to my arm pits. At 4 years it was halfway down my back and almost as long as it was when I started. At 5 years it was below my waist. My dreads will be 6 years old this winter and the longest dreads touch my ass. I am kinda guessing here...but I figure each inch of my dread equals about 2 to 3 inches of undreaded hair. So if I were to comb it out...it would touch the floor.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form