Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread help

Zachary Marpoe
@zachary-marpoe
11 years ago
8 posts

HI, im coming up to my month mark on my neglect method dreads. i have super straight hair when i started this. now my question is what can i do to help to improve the process of dreads forming. i have about 6 at the moment that look really good and a couple out of that 6 are pretty much locked up and look like dreads. i have been using a liquid dread shampoo but im feeling like its not really helping. i feel i should have more new dreads starting then what i have at the moment, but then again i could be wrong. any input would be appreciated.

updated by @zachary-marpoe: 01/13/15 09:59:27PM
Zachary Marpoe
@zachary-marpoe
11 years ago
8 posts

sorry its supposed to say my 4 month mark

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see them ok i thought u might be expecting alot for a month haha

which shampoo are you using?

lets see em

alot who backcomb or tnr can loosen and fall out in 1st 4 months before dreading up

if you have 6 well defined and 12 on the way your getting there but there maybe ways to help it out what are you using how etc

and lets see them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zachary Marpoe
@zachary-marpoe
11 years ago
8 posts

i Havent used anyting but vikis liquid dread shampoo. I have made it to the point where i only need to wash my hair about every 5 days. after that it just gets nasty with grease. My dreading is all natural. now back combing, tnr.etc. i dont do anything with my hair. like i said i have about 6 dreads that are taking off. all located towards the back of my head. i have a few starting on each side of my head but isnt really noticeable unless your reallin looking at may hair. my concern which may be slowing the process is that my hair is so healthy and smooth that maybe i would need to use a shampoo or product that would dry out my hair a little bit for more friction between the hair. ill get pics up asap.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i said lets see them 3 or 4 times then saw 2 from last month
lets go over what you wash with etc and see what might help u

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try vickis pink sea salt

give that a try

how long ago did those few form

once you got a few more should follow soon

id use that

spray it on

its safer to leave on then just sea salt..so see how you tolerate it leave it on longer

if it gets too dry back off and rinse after a few hours

--
Zachary Marpoe
@zachary-marpoe
11 years ago
8 posts

ok ill give that a try. the ones that i have now started to come together right around my month mark. and the ones starting on the side of my head i notice about a week or two ago

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form