Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can't wait to start

Britney Patterson
@britney-patterson
11 years ago
2 posts

I first wanted dreads almost ten years ago and was discouraged. Screw 'em I am gonna do it now. My husband told me to go for it and that he would help as much as he can and still love me if I screw up and decide to shave my head. I have a love hate relationship with my kinky, frizzy curls. I just need to poke around on here to find a little more info. My main concern being having to wear a hard hat and hair net for eight hours a day, but I think a wool dread cap will be a nice replacement for the dew rag I currently sport under the hard hat. And if a few locs turn out a little flat because of it I may not mind.

updated by @britney-patterson: 01/13/15 09:59:15PM
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I didn't like a few of my flat locks at first but they've started to grow on me :D (see what I did there?)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they will tend to round out but i have 1 flat area 1/2 way down 1 dread about 8 inches long..and i love ut

so glad you came to us

your hubby wont have to help you unless you want help seperating or washing (with my dreads past the floor wish i had a dready wife for the sole purpose of helping me wash them haha) your hub sounds like a reasonable cool supportive dude

youd be surprised how many are married to ppl who just unsult them when they want to dread

dreading doesnt take any real efffort theres nothing to ":screw up"

the worse thing that can happen is if too many dreads grow together cause you forgot to seperate

but even that can be pretty damn cool on some

tho i wouldnt recomend it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

That is awesome your husband is encouraging you :D

Be sure to read the dreaducation page here (found in the upper left of site) and you can't go wrong!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form