Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Big time beginner

Gaby Obregon
@gaby-obregon
11 years ago
6 posts
I'm new to this site. Still finding my way around. I have never dreaded before but I have been obsessed with them for years now. I've just heard so many rumors and I don't know what's true and what isn't. I'm a single mother of two (4years & 5months) so I really don't have a lot of time to myself. I would really like to begin dreading but I'm not sure of how to begin. I've read that neglect is the best way but I'm just wondering exactly how that works. How do I do it/begin and how long does it take for the locs to start forming? I was thinking about just starting with a couple but I don't know what method I could use for that. The biggest reason why I haven't started is because I've been growing my hair out for a while now. I have it in layers and my longest layer is to the middle of my back. My fear is having to cut them out if it doesn't work out or for whatever reason. I just really need things broken down Barney style. I always like to know exactly what I'm getting into before I go into it.
updated by @gaby-obregon: 01/13/15 09:55:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ok

1 u dont gotta cut u can comb out

2 neglect works by stopping everything u do that prevents dreads

combing conditioning styling are all ways to prevent dreds..just stop

that simple

log hair dreads fast and eassy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gaby Obregon
@gaby-obregon
11 years ago
6 posts
Can I still shampoo regularly? If so, what shampoo could I use? Dreading shampoo? (sorry, I don't know all the correct terms.)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Hey,

After you look through the dreaducation pages, look into the timeline forums to see what the first few weeks/months will look like. If you haven't heard yet, it takes about 1-2 years to grow matured locks.

As for shampoo, check out dreadlockshampoo.com. They make the best soaps around

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form