Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dealing with frizz

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

Hello everybody :] So I was wondering how everybody deals with the frizzy hairs while in the beginning stages of dreading. I did my first baking soda/ACV rinse and had frizz -_-

When I'm in work,I have to pull the hair back (loosely now) and the front is a mess. What can I do to try and smooth it out a bit? Nobody has questioned it though,so that's a good sign.

Another question,which seems more "general". How come people are so ignorant towards fellas with long hair? I might hear negative comments on the daily,and how short hair will be better. I just don't see myself going that route. I feel this dreading journey is calling my name! I'll attach a picture,which is at day 3 or 4.

updated by @dominic2: 02/14/15 10:29:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what frizz why worry about it just ignore it

and only ignorant ppl are ignorat=nt that way

next time they say you should have short hair just reply well should we all paint our skin grey and change our eye coloes to all match so evrryone looks the same? would a bland grey world with no individuality make you happy more secure less afraid of whats diferent?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

I thought it was my mixture that created the frizz. I combined everything into one bottle and washed it. Is hat a bad idea?

I like the way you think SE! Mostly it's guys that say it,claiming girls don't do for that style. I'll tell ya,everywhere you look in Philly,it's all buzz cut guys. I want to be different and more importantly,stick to what feels best for me!

You are my inspiration SE,and I enjoyed your newest video today! :] You have a great spirit.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ohnoo u never combine bs and acv that creats carbonic acid

ue them seperately

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

philly has lots of dreadies and trust me they wish girls liked tge braindead skinhead look girls go crazy over dreads in fact it can be a problem when some want ya just cause u got dreads without knowing anything else about ya

dreads are a huge turn ion

Dominic said:

I thought it was my mixture that created the frizz. I combined everything into one bottle and washed it. Is hat a bad idea?

I like the way you think SE! Mostly it's guys that say it,claiming girls don't do for that style. I'll tell ya,everywhere you look in Philly,it's all buzz cut guys. I want to be different and more importantly,stick to what feels best for me!

You are my inspiration SE,and I enjoyed your newest video today! :] You have a great spirit.

--
Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

Dang,I knew I messed up with my first washing. I think I should give it another go tonight,and see the results :] I was misguided,I will admit (not by this site though..outside sources) Should I just use a cup for each mixture,as well?

Hmm,where can I find these dreadies? I work with some people that have them,but they are not natural at all. I can tell by how proper and uniform they look. But again,I could be wrong! :]

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

The frizzies will go away. If I remember correctly, it took mine about a month to settle down. That was the only part of the journey I really did not appreciate. All the rest was really cool to happen, especially the funky shapes that appear overnight. Just before you tie back your dreads for work, what if you just wet the sides, not the part that gets tied, you don't want that wet and tied all day, but the sides to calm them down, maybe they will somewhat stay in place during your shift. Worth a try. My posting here may be of help to you: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/ratios-baking-soda-wash-apple-cider-vinegar-rinse-sea-salt-mix ......peace

Dominic said:

Dang,I knew I messed up with my first washing. I think I should give it another go tonight,and see the results :] I was misguided,I will admit (not by this site though..outside sources) Should I just use a cup for each mixture,as well?

Hmm,where can I find these dreadies? I work with some people that have them,but they are not natural at all. I can tell by how proper and uniform they look. But again,I could be wrong! :]

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Nothing you can do, really. You can use pure aloe, but that's if you want to look super-neat when they've already dreaded up. Just wait it out, it won't be frizzy for long :) and I guess because women have long hair, and since society often dictates that women and men are meant to be opposites, men are 'meant to' have short hair. That's my guess anyway, I think men look great with long hair and women look great with short hair. Eh, that's just society, telling us what is and is not correct or attractive.

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts
Thank you for your tips and the fantastic article! The next time I wash,I will follow your method. Just now,I used 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of water. Same with the vinegar. This time I didn't combine them! What a rookie mistake. The hair actually feels better now :)
Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

It's funny how society wants us to look,isn't it? I just find it to be bothersome that many tell me to cut the hair,especially to attract a potential mate. I don't want to be like everybody else,that society claims to be normal.

Tara C said:

Nothing you can do, really. You can use pure aloe, but that's if you want to look super-neat when they've already dreaded up. Just wait it out, it won't be frizzy for long :) and I guess because women have long hair, and since society often dictates that women and men are meant to be opposites, men are 'meant to' have short hair. That's my guess anyway, I think men look great with long hair and women look great with short hair. Eh, that's just society, telling us what is and is not correct or attractive.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form