Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Dreads At Lightning Speed (updated)

anna b
@anna-b
12 years ago
4 posts

looks great!! lucky, but keep seperating them otheriwse they will go crazy!! second pic is awesome!!

updated by @anna-b: 07/23/15 06:34:57PM
Simon Raye
@simon-raye
12 years ago
10 posts

I can tell already that your dreads are gonna look pretty wicked as they mature.

oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
12 years ago
38 posts

awesome

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Whoa, that was after a week? Your hair has obviously been yearning for the freedom to dread for a long time :P awesome progress

Tree fae
@tree-fae
12 years ago
7 posts
That is EXACTLY what my hair use to do. Several times a day I would have massive knots in the back of my hair despite brushing constantly.I chose to section and twist and rip so I didn't get congos (I've joined about 6 dreads into big ones and they've completely joined in less than a month), and my hair has never come undone. My dreads were like mature dreads by 5 months and I'm now 8 months in and they are basically perfect.I love how quickly your hair has progressed, keep us updated! :)

Rebekah Shupe said:

Before I started dreading, I'd have to comb out huge knots that would form in my hair by my neck a few times a day EVERY day...I didn't realize that it was my hair trying to form dreads. It seems like my hair has wanted to do this for a long time.

Phoenix
@phoenix
12 years ago
20 posts
DAMMMNNN GIRL! Your gonna have locks in no time at all! :) I'll be watching your timeline for sure!
stia
@stia
12 years ago
3 posts

That's one week! What do you shampoo with? What is your diet? What did you spend your week doing? What I would give for that progress. I'm at the one month point (neglect w/ bs wash) and nowhere near your stage. I would love to have the sectioning reveal themselves a bit like yours. Do you keep your hair out all the time or do you keep it under a hat?

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

I wash it every other day with the BS wash (I have to use about 3/4 cup) with about 10 drops of Sandalwood and a little bit of the Just 4 Dreads Lockin Up Shampoo from www.dreadlockshampoo.com , and then I do the ACV rinse. I'm chasing 3 boys around all day...nothing special on the diet. I've been trying to go a bit lighter on meats, but I avoid sugar and too much salt now. I don't wear a hat, but I sometimes tie it back for cooking or cleaning or whatever. So yeah, it's always out. I'm really excited with the speed that mine is locking at, but to be honest, I've taken a step backwards with a lot of locks this week because I am still waiting on my beads and the locks have been knotting together so quickly that I've had to undo a few knots to get them out of the congos. My hair has NEVER been very manageable...right after combing (you know back when I used them lol) I'd have tangles forming after 5 min. I guess the one thing that I did the first couple of days was when I'd be resisting combing my fingers through them or whatever, I'd take a second and basically headbang or whip it around a bit to keep me from messing with it, not sure if it helped it lock up or not, but it helped my itchy fingers lol

stia said:

That's one week! What do you shampoo with? What is your diet? What did you spend your week doing? What I would give for that progress. I'm at the one month point (neglect w/ bs wash) and nowhere near your stage. I would love to have the sectioning reveal themselves a bit like yours. Do you keep your hair out all the time or do you keep it under a hat?

stia
@stia
12 years ago
3 posts

I'm sure the headbanging helped. I wish I had access to a wind tunnel or possibly be able to do a motorcycle ride with my hair out. That would surely lock it up faster. I asked if you have your hair out or in a hat because I only notice progress when I wear my wool hat. On the other had I've noticed that in the dreadlock timelines I've looked at women tend to get faster locks. I'm not sure if it had to do with women always keeping their hair out. I'm a guy and probably like most guys am completely uncomfortable with my hair down and prefer to keep it in a tail or bun. Anyway in the meantime I'll keep using a wool hat.

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Wearing a wool hat would probably help the top of my head get going, that's the one place where I've barely had any change.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form