Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Dreads At Lightning Speed (updated)

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Maybe part of it too, is that women typically use so much product on their hair before they start dreading it, so their hair goes nuts for the change.

updated by @rebekah-shupe: 07/24/15 03:18:55PM
stia
@stia
12 years ago
3 posts

Yes. I agree. I've had great comb free hair up until recently. I'm at maybe 21 inches now. And only until now have I had a knotting issue which wasn't that bad but annoying enough for me to consider a change either cut it or let it knot up. No products on my hair. I've always shampoo'd with baking soda and acv. The only difference now is I'm washing my hair more frequently - every 3 days and not running a comb through it. What's cool about wool is that your hair is imitating it. Wool is matted so your hair wants to form the same way.

Would you consider your hair damaged before dreading. Was it super dry with lots of split ends?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i think because women abuse their hair more than men (color, straighten, curl, etc.) its more damaged. damaged hair dreads faster.

stia said:

I'm sure the headbanging helped. I wish I had access to a wind tunnel or possibly be able to do a motorcycle ride with my hair out. That would surely lock it up faster. I asked if you have your hair out or in a hat because I only notice progress when I wear my wool hat. On the other had I've noticed that in the dreadlock timelines I've looked at women tend to get faster locks. I'm not sure if it had to do with women always keeping their hair out. I'm a guy and probably like most guys am completely uncomfortable with my hair down and prefer to keep it in a tail or bun. Anyway in the meantime I'll keep using a wool hat.

Katarina Marie
@katarina-marie
12 years ago
2 posts

My hair did the same thing and it started to become painful for me and I couldn't keep up with the sectioningso I had my boyfriend brush my hair out but I had him leave a few baby dreads in. My hair is about the same length as yours and my baby dreads have shrunk up to about half the length but I love them so very much! I hope you enjoy your dreads!

~Love and Light~

Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Wow that's crazy awesome! I think mine are gonna grow fast too but probably not that fast!

FREEBIRD
@freebird
12 years ago
15 posts

girlfriend your hair isn't just throwing a party. It's like the brush was abusing them for years and years and now they've been set free..LOL

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form