Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any over 30's dreadies?

Jay Simmons
@jay-simmons
12 years ago
17 posts

I'm 32...just don't judge my youthful looks, cause I don't look my age, lol! Blessed with some awesome genes...

updated by @jay-simmons: 07/23/15 03:59:24PM
Camilla
@camilla
12 years ago
6 posts

Im 40 :)

Eleanor F. Smith
@eleanor-f-smith
12 years ago
4 posts
51, just starting, more calm, nature focued or enlightened =) Fai
Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

I'm 47. I do have some grey hairs but not alot yet. I'm thinking about dying with henna when my dreads are older, not to hide the greys, just because I love red hair.

Vanya Earthia
@vanya-earthia
12 years ago
1 posts

34 and totally embracing some gray hair i have around my face, they are like sparkles ;)

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

I'm SO suprised at the number of replies to mypost...thank you all forreplying and making me feel at home. : ) xx

Heather said:

i do agree though that we are definitely outnumbered. lol:)

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

Heather, you don't look 42, infact you look at least10 yearsyounger than that! : ) xx

Heather said:

i'm turning 42 on sunday:)

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

The only time I coloured my hair was when it wasjust straight hair cut into a bob..sometimes it looked great and others it did'nt. As Jim Morrison once said "Some of my worst mistakes have been haircuts"..Usually it's the hair dressers mistake however. Anyway, I wasin my mid 20's and was worrying excessively about grey hairs...coloured it every fewweeks in just about every shade of dark brown to bright red..some shades looked nice, others did'nt. Ultimately my hair looked fried, so I stopped doing it....around the same time as I decided having a bob was a mistake.

I don't think I would colour my hair on a regular basis although I might bleach a few dreads and do them rainbow colours....not sure what work would think of it though...lol

Angel Frye said:

31 here. And now here's a question I've been wanting to ask-- how many of us have let our grays come in and are not dying the shit out of them?

I'm about 50% gray and only a month before I started locking up(so that'd be...four months ago?) I quit dying my hair. The urge just hit me all of a sudden to stop using so many chemicals on my hair. Admittedly, seeing all those sparklies in my hair like a skunk stripe down the center of my hair line is horrifying. I've got a four inch wide swath of salt and pepper down my part line and the rest of the length of my hair is cinnamon/auburn. Hubby calls me his "spicy momma," But it's also been deeply gratifying as I watch my locks grow out longer because especially in the back part of my head you can see the roots all over the place because of the natural separation of the locks. And as hairs die and creep down a baby lock sometimes they turn upside down or stick half-way down so now I'm seeing sparkly gray all over the place!

Anyway, I'm glad that you started this thread, Melanie. Watching all the youngsters swing their locks around is cool but it's nice also to be able to relate to someone closer to my own age.

Justin, I totally get what you're saying. I see the gray in my hair and think, "I don't feel 'old.' I just feel like me . Part of Humanity and all living things."

We just have more 'bling' in our hair to swing around than the youngsters. LOL

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

Hello,

I am 35 and will be 36 in a few months. I am dreadding my hair. I have seen older people with blocs. Keep doing your hair the way you want.

kyle R.
@kyle-r
12 years ago
16 posts

age is a number used to help add structure to your being, think about it, a year cant be 365 days if the earth moves closer to the sun each year, so what you think is 40 yrs just might be 35 instead

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form