Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

best hair dye method for bleached dreads???

Sarah Curran
@sarah-curran
12 years ago
10 posts

I want to dye my dreads but im not sure the best way to go about it because my hair was bleached before i started dreaded. my natural hair colour is like a mousey brownish colour. my hair is very weak from all the colouring over the years.

this is how my dreads are looking 4.4 months old :

2012-08-17%2010-36-23.879.jpg

2012-08-17%2010-37-07.369.jpg

updated by @sarah-curran: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Victoria Hill
@victoria-hill
11 years ago
9 posts

You shouldn't dye your dreads for about 6 months, and if you have thin hairr I would wait longer.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

henna is the only thing id ever use on them..once to get em close to yoir natural com=lor then never i=use anything again

1 glance i can see how much the dying hurt them henna will help make em mote healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I agree with S.E. Go back to your natural colour, then let em be. Dyes do dry out the hair , that is why they give the heavy duty conditioner with it, but for dreads you must skip that step, therefore your dreads will be dry, maybe getting brittle with prolong dying. If you are planning to keep your dreads for years, I would do it only one last time. With a regular hair style, it gets coloured/dyed, grows and then gets cut. Eventually you will have new healthy growth that you can cut to. With dreads, they grow, but we don't cut them. So the dried section are still there.

If you are not planning to keep your dreads for years but as a funky style at the moment, then I say have fun with them and add splashes of colour or wraps, whatever. Girls just want to have fun. You can get back to healthier new growth hair when you.....gulp.....cut them. Peace :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form