Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreads and I need guidance.

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

WOW Soaring Eagle I'm so surprized but real happy that you r into adding more dreads by making them up, this is so what i need to do as my dreads r far apart and thinner than i hoped.

Peace.

soaring eagle said:

then have more

a mix of thick and thin u got 13 thick now add 30 or 40 thin in between

u could have over 100 dreads but 40ish is usualy a decent number just dont make em all real thicjk i woulda only made a couple in inch a dozen 1/2 inch and a c ouple more dozen 1/4 inch but if u like thicker then a few an inch and a couple dozen 1/2 inch

updated by @sweet: 07/22/15 07:10:46AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I do not think SE meant fake dreads at all. Jessica only has the bottom part of her head started in dreads. The rest of her head is undreaded. He was talking about adding more dreads...yes....but not fake ones. Just dreading the rest of her head.

Sweet, said:

WOW Soaring Eagle I'm so surprized but real happy that you r into adding more dreads by making them up, this is so what i need to do as my dreads r far apart and thinner than i hoped.

Peace.

soaring eagle said:

then have more

a mix of thick and thin u got 13 thick now add 30 or 40 thin in between

u could have over 100 dreads but 40ish is usualy a decent number just dont make em all real thicjk i woulda only made a couple in inch a dozen 1/2 inch and a c ouple more dozen 1/4 inch but if u like thicker then a few an inch and a couple dozen 1/2 inch

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey Jessica. I also started mine with the twist & rip method. My natural hair was almost waist length when I began my journey and by 11 1/2 months it was up to my shoulders. They looped, zig zagged and shrunk to the thickness of where my section of hair meets the scalp. They look nothing like they did when I T&R'd them. People who have really thin hair won't get as many dreads as people with thicker hair (I have over 60). When you made yours, what is the size of the area where the section of hair meets the scalp? You should keep those sections 1 inch maximum. As SE said, do different thicknesses as it fills in the areas and looks natural. A tip for making them so they don't look like braids...don't go twist rip twist rip twist rip...instead do the method of twist rip rip rip, twist rip rip rip rip, twist rip rip rip and so on.....

Be prepared for changes...some will loosen, some will even fall out....let them, that is part of the journey they take to mature. If you retighten any it will set back the time again, so once done just let them do their thing....Did I ever send you my post on T&R, if not, here you go: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect Peace

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form